The Mosquitoes Were Out...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Afternoon all!

Was out and about at Amherst last week (no colour?) but the worst part of the day was being devoured by mosquitoes through my long sleeved shirt. Any advice for a good repellent? I used high strength bushman but didnt seem to do the job.

Cheers!

owenh1 said:
Afternoon all!

Was out and about at Amherst last week (no colour ?) but the worst part of the day was being devoured by mosquitoes through my long sleeved shirt. Any advice for a good repellent? I used high strength bushman but didnt seem to do the job.

Cheers!

We find RID to be the best but it's best to avoid that short period in the morning and at dusk. I'm ok because I've got Mrs M, while she's there they leave me alone :)

Nightjar said:
Have used this for years after first finding it in a store in Cue.
Can be found in many outlets now, originally a fly repellent and found in livestock stores.
**** Use very sparingly and do mean sparingly just a very very very slight smear on exposed areas.****
Wouldn't leave home without it.

https://www.nourishedlife.com.au/na...VwrWWCh2pLwvPEAQYASABEgL_J_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
yep same. 100% the best one. Even found that if you tab a few tabs along the table, the flies stay away from there too.
great stuff.

Wet season is terrible for mozzies here, was at the pistol club the other night and was being eaten alive, mate had some coles brand mozzie spray and I can honestly say its the BEST I have ever used period. Instant stop 100% and I dont know why its so good. I worked as a professional fishing guide for years and used all the other stuff, and none worked better than this stuff. Cheap to.

It's all about that DEET. Anything with 40% will do the trick, and I'm coming from NQ where they carry you away to feed.

1613301540_faa24ee4-a512-4a9e-9f09-d19acb538ecd.jpg

Thanks for sharing this Davent! Nothing worse than being bitten left right and center while trying to enjoy your day. I'll be getting this stuff next time at Coles. :) :Y:

Nightjar said:
Can be found in many outlets now, originally a fly repellent and found in livestock stores.
**** Use very sparingly and do mean sparingly just a very very very slight smear on exposed areas.****

https://www.nourishedlife.com.au/na...VwrWWCh2pLwvPEAQYASABEgL_J_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Mrs M uses this but I think I smell enough to have a natural force field around me. They don't usually bother me as much as the flies and for them I prefer a fly mesh.

Nightjar said:

Might have to give this a try. Those little buggers always have a feast when im outdoors :mad: :lol:

Tell me are the mossies bad up in the GT currently like whats the worst time of the year for mossies whats it like thesedays

Latest posts