Tasmaniacs Trash 'N Treasure.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Done love that shilling and the gold is great we should head out again at some stage

The shilling was a funny find, in a trailer load of landfill dumped in the bush.... I'll be staying out at our block this weekend, its getting pretty hard to find anything out that way but I've got a couple of spots to check out a bit further east if you want to come for an explore.

1616400866_rps20210322_123614_compress75.jpg

Couple of crusty beach coins that came up ok with plenty of lemon juice and bicarb.

1619327309_rps20210425_132017_crop_53.jpg

Had another great weekend out thanks to the PMAT and Ron Gregory for letting us loose on his lease. More beers drunk and yarns spun than nuggets found but was awesome to see some people find their first gold and catch up with some crusty old mates.

Thats quite clean quartz in those speccies, so I guess youre on milder ground ? Would that be helping the Nox sniff those out..
What sort of depth are you pulling those from?
Nice work :Y:

Gold2, recovery speed 5, accept-3 to 5 and reject everything else. Sensitivity 25. Still get a signal from tree roots and black slate but gold is a much zippier noise. I reject all the higher tones as I assume that my SDC will pick up any bigger bits but the gold from this reef is very crystalline and small and PI machines struggle to see the small bits.

OzzieAu said:
Thats quite clean quartz in those speccies, so I guess youre on milder ground ? Would that be helping the Nox sniff those out..
What sort of depth are you pulling those from?
Nice work :Y:
Yeah it's a mild yellow slate bedrock in this spot. Equinox is useless in highly mineralized ground but it's deadly on small reefy stuff if the ground in light (coloured) ground. Not much depth, only the top inch or so.

Latest posts