⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20xwater said:
Comon fellas, this thread is dead again.
Creeks n gully s boys, chew that ribbon?

A little thing like Covid has changed pretty much everyone's way of life plus on-again-off-again lock downs. Also seasonal creek flows have been erratic, I'd say; "in time, gold things come" :goldpan:

We all want to get out there more than we are able lately, hopefully the "jab" will have those pans gleaming with gold again. I'm imagining that seems the creeks haven't been hit to hard lately, we will be seeing better quantities of the good stuff?

My Favorite local creek has been too High so far this year to do much crevising so Ive just been working below the old timers terrace working tail race outfalls. Its a bit hit and miss as it depends on how well the old fellas had their boxes set and how often they cleaned them out, as to how much gold escaped into the creek for me to recover.

.35grms The results of a 2 day trip n catch up with my son. He pulled 2 nice trout out of a hole right next to the spot I was working.
1613950263_20210205_144549resize_2.jpg

We went back up for a day trip the week after, and I decided to paddle / drift down stream in the Kayak sampling any likely looking spots on the way. only spent about 4hrs and did 10 pans or so for this result.
1613950545_20210211_182345_resize2.jpg

I think it went about .25grams

jamiealdridge said:
jethro said:
I wish my Jar looked like that Jamie. :p If its not a rude question how long has it taken you to fill that Jar? O:) :Y:
2.5 years of pottering about here and there
You must be pottering in the right places. :Y: My for sale jar has taken about 7yrs to get the bottom covered :8 i have other vials of alluvial from different creeks that i keep seperate from each other. :goldpan:

My daughters were on a school camp in Eastern Victoria (Warburton) last week and as a part of the activities they were shown how to pan then sent down to the river. To the camp owners, one returned with two nuggets around a gram each in the pan...

Because of the advent of metal detectors some years ago, I don't think creeks have ever been hit hard like back in the day. Some places are still full of the good stuff - or been refilled by flood waters and errosion, unlike our detecting areas that are getting harder to find anything.

Latest posts