First time with the Nox 800

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well first time ever really lol from someone who has never done this before only watched on TV and youtube. I went to the beach at surfers (out of the way of the public) to have a bit if a go for an hour.

So here's my take away. I found a 20cent piece lol that at the time i thought was a half penny due to the colour. I got a couple bits of scrap too. Butttt the couple of things i found annoying was locating exactly where the target was. So i need to get a hand held locator. No big issue but will def save time and frustration.

The depth gauge was a bit hard to understand and i guess will take time for me to get used to . So I'll chalk that up to my complete lack of experience. As well as fully understanding the readings.

But as things go. For someone who has never used a metal detector before in his life to just pretty much turn on and start detecting and find stuff. Regardless of junk lol it's a pretty impressive little unit. There's lots of little things i need to improve on like getting a plastic shovel lol but i had fun and will go back during the week when there aren't as many people around. Seriously who gets up at 6am on a sunday morning lol apparently everyone!! :lol:

Couple of tips.
First, don't waste your money on a pin pointer for the beach. You don't need it, just scoop out a lump of sand with a shovel and kick it to spread it out then run the detector over it to find the goodie.
Next thing to know is where to hunt. You want to hit the wet sand at low tide where people swim. Use beach 2 on the nox.

And hunt where a tonne of people go.

Latest posts