You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

oromagic
19 February 2021 08:33 am

Hi All,
I’ve decided to start this hobby in the hope I can make it a pass time for my retirement (still a few years away).
Not sure which type of prospecting I want to pursue but, enjoy the idea of finding old relics and gold!
I purchased a small hand held detector I’ll use when at the beach snorkelling. Haven’t an idea where to start with the main detector and would appreciate any advice.
Looking at a budget between $1k-$1.5.

Looking forward to reading all your posts and even maybe contributing.

Stay safe pickshovel

Jaros
19 February 2021 09:05 am

Welcome oromagic. Good luck with your venture

F1A4M2, Exterra 705 Gold, Ace 250, Goldrat 8" Dreammat River Sluice.

oromagic
19 February 2021 11:56 am

Jaros wrote:

Welcome oromagic. Good luck with your venture

Thank you

NurseBev
22 February 2021 03:11 pm

Hi, I'm an absolute beginer. Looking for places to pan for gold in Gippsland. I'm in Willung South and hoping to learn a lot about panning. I'll be onto the instructional videos, but looking for research tips - ie how to find acceptable/legal panning spots that will help me learn the craft! (So far I guess there is not much in my area - more towards East Gippsland seems the go?)

My hubby and I also kayak (a lot) and we paddle past spots that I longingly look at and wonder if its a spot to try my luck ?

Jaros
22 February 2021 03:15 pm

I'd probably head towards Walhalla area-good luck.

F1A4M2, Exterra 705 Gold, Ace 250, Goldrat 8" Dreammat River Sluice.

fwdoz
22 February 2021 04:20 pm

NurseBev wrote:

Hi, I'm an absolute beginer. Looking for places to pan for gold in Gippsland. I'm in Willung South and hoping to learn a lot about panning. I'll be onto the instructional videos, but looking for research tips - ie how to find acceptable/legal panning spots that will help me learn the craft! (So far I guess there is not much in my area - more towards East Gippsland seems the go?)

My hubby and I also kayak (a lot) and we paddle past spots that I longingly look at and wonder if its a spot to try my luck ?

Have a good read of this list of rivers where you cannot fossick:

https://earthresources.vic.gov.au/licen … nt-fossick

Dig like Indiana Jones!
Minelab GPX5000, Minelab GP3500, Minelab Gold Monster 1000, a plethora of NF coils, PMAV Member