Banz Detector Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to see that Florin badge cleaned up as it is sterling silver.It would come up real nice.

Eldorado said:
I would love to see that Florin badge cleaned up as it is sterling silver. It would come up real nice.

I'm always nervous about cleaning stuff I find, except with a bit of water and a gentle rub with a cloth.

Banz said:
Eldorado said:
I would love to see that Florin badge cleaned up as it is sterling silver. It would come up real nice.

I'm always nervous about cleaning stuff I find, except with a bit of water and a gentle rub with a cloth.

It's a beaut... recon it's a florin with the rest cut away (risky buisiness back then getting caught defacing a coin).
best left aged.(proof it is original and old)

:power: :cool: :Y:

Apologies for bumping my own thread but any suggestions on this?

The back has the kind of clasp that looks as if it had a pin at some stage. Is it just a souvenir type thing or something a bit more "official"?

1613870116_badge_close_up.jpg

Jaros said:
Looks like it.
Thanks for your wisdom Jaros.I know it says commonwealth but my question is what else is written across the top as there is obviously another word there.

Latest posts