Portable Hot Water / Shower Systems

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rodt said:
brendomac said:
Hey Rodt, do you like the Joolca unit? Same as Deepseeker, I'm interested in a unit like this but unsure of different brands

Mate it was spot on.

The bit that really impressed me with Joolca were their after sales service. My unit arrived 2 days before I was going away on a Christmas trip and I couldn't get it to ignite. I sent them an email late on a Saturday afternoon and someone rang me back at 5:00pm and talked me through troubleshooting the unit. Took about an hour to discover that one of the battery contacts was a bit bent. Have never had that level of service previously or since so that won it for me.

There are others that are cheaper and others that are probably just as good (based on others views) but I always prioritise the service as everything has the potential to give problems

Yes, I've had a good look since my first post today, and it looks like the Joolca is the one I'll go with. I like their accessories also, and their double en suite shower/change room will keep the ladies happy. They only have 2 year warranty on the Joolca, as opposed to 3 years on the Smarttek Black, but reviews I've seen both on here and elsewhere today make the Joolca stand out.

Thanks for your input everyone! :beer:

-D.S

I own a joolca and I am not impressed with it. Its good unit untill you have a wind up and then it as useless as tits on a bull. If its windy you have to shield the thing. If you can keep it wind free they are brilkiant. If I was to rate it out of 5 i would give it 3.5. If it was.nit for the wind issue it would be 5 out of 5. Dont like it when it blows out in wind and the water goes cold on you. It happens more oftern than not. How has anyone else found these or ones like it?

If you can get more IBC set something like this up. You can then recirculate your water. If you go a joolca or similar i reconmend to put it in.some kind of vented enclosure.
1613463834_images.jpeg-1.jpg

shakergt said:
I own a joolca and I am not impressed with it. Its good unit untill you have a wind up and then it as useless as tits on a bull. If its windy you have to shield the thing. If you can keep it wind free they are brilkiant. If I was to rate it out of 5 i would give it 3.5. If it was.nit for the wind issue it would be 5 out of 5. Dont like it when it blows out in wind and the water goes cold on you. It happens more oftern than not. How has anyone else found these or ones like it?

I've heard of others that used a wind shield just like you sometimes need to with a gas cooker. I've been lucky that i have never needed to. Because I always moved it as close as I could to the shower tent that may have blocked any wind from being an issue

Yes, I was just saying to Shakergt before in reply to his pm (thanks by the way shaker, that's definitely something to take into consideration). Anyway, I was saying that the one I've looked at online is this one:- https://www.joolca.com.au/products/hottap-v2

It's called the hottap-v2, and I'm assuming that the v2 stands for version two? I'm not sure which model shakergt has, but maybe it's an issue that Joolca have solved as I can't find any mention of the problem in any of the excellent feedback that purchasers have left for it.

Either way, if that's its only issue I would be more than happy to knock-up a little wind shield for it. I like all of the accessories that Joolca have too, and the way everything just clips on/off.

I like the IBC shower idea too shakergt, but it would have to be spider proof otherwise I'd have to send Mrs D in to search for spiders before I'd go in :)