Ultrasonic Cleaners for Gold Nuggets

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have two, an aldi and a jacar. Both work fine and i couldn't seperate them performance wise. Don't expect miracles. They clean the dirt and crap out great but won't move ironstone or quarts.
Jim :D :goldnugget: :Y:

I have a commercial one used often used in Dental sugary's. Great on a Dirty ring and or a Dirty nugget, but never going to remove stains and or baked on material.

Good cleaning solutions and great for cleaning dust / dirt and Oils but that is about all.

And do not put 2 or more items in together; they just rub each other.

I use a retired one from work (a dental ultrasonic bath and plain water with a tiny amount of detergent). Works brilliantly to remove debris from nooks and crannies. Takes about 15mins.

Leaves it looking 'natural' rather than having that over-cleaned look which I don't like.

I've got an Aldi one, and find it most useful to clean the wife and girl's jewelry. Warm water with a bit of ammonia does the trick. The back of diamond and sapphire rings can pick up a lot of grease and dirt and remarkably affect the brilliance of the gem, so it is worthwhule

It will remove dirt from a coin, but not do much about humic and fulvic acid and other soil stains.

DrDuck said:
I've got an Aldi one, and find it most useful to clean the wife and girl's jewelry. Warm water with a bit of ammonia does the trick. The back of diamond and sapphire rings can pick up a lot of grease and dirt and remarkably affect the brilliance of the gem, so it is worthwhule

It will remove dirt from a coin, but not do much about humic and fulvic acid and other soil stains.

I just add a cuppla drops of "Morning Fresh" detergent in and sit back and watch the ripples. :gemstone:

Latest posts