You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

mbasko
17 January 2021 07:46 pm

Put you reports on here X Coils for GPX/QED/GPZ detectors. thumbsup

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

1 user likes this post: RM Outback

mbasko
17 January 2021 07:47 pm

Евгений wrote:

Dear colleagues, I can’t say anything for the new NF coil, but I can tell a lot about the Russian X coil. All my friends have been using these coils for 2 years already, and all of them have shown very good results. The only negative in this coil is the cord that you need redo but it's worth it. the coil is very sensitive and quiet. all the places I went through with the standard coil, I went through with the X coil again and it was a miracle. I found so many quiet signals that brought me many new nuggets.

Евгений wrote:

And what else I want to say, I did not get any freebies, but I really love the truth. It may be unpleasant for someone that the Russians invented such a miracle coil, but forgive me it's true.

Rockwall2
25 January 2021 11:52 am

mbasko wrote:

Put you reports on here X Coils for GPX/QED/GPZ detectors. thumbsup

Good idea. I look forward to be able to compare.

mbasko
06 February 2021 04:56 pm

Araratgold
X Coil spiral 17" comparison to X Coil concentric 17"

4 users like this post: Евгений, Pro-oz, Muk, Rockwall

davsgold
10 February 2021 02:39 pm

Well we got out to test the 17" concentric x-coil on the GPZ7000 today, nothing scientific, just a lead target inserted into the bank at about 14" deep, and trying a variety of settings, like Difficult/High Yield, and Difficult/General and then Normal/High Yield and Normal/ General, with sensitivity on 16 for all and audio smoothing on high for all as well. It seemed to be that General/Difficult was very good to use, and General/Normal probably got a bit more depth but would be a challenge to use in detecting the area as ground noise and hot rocks were annoying, but General/Difficult was a pleasure to use, and nearly got the same depth anyway. EMI was a non event, and ground balance was very good both "X" balance and "G" balance. Like others have already said the target is more in the center of the coil rather than the edge, like the spiral wound x-coils for the Zed. Over all was a very pleasing coil to use.

Gear used GPZ 7000 and x-coils

2 users like this post: mbasko, Евгений

mbasko
10 February 2021 02:57 pm

Would you normally detect with smoothing in high Dave? From memory I used to have it off on the Zed?

1 user likes this post: bigdog

davsgold
10 February 2021 03:12 pm

mbasko wrote:

Would you normally detect with smoothing in high Dave? From memory I used to have it off on the Zed?

Yes we mostly do mate, we prefer to have the smoothing on high and take the sensitivity up to 16 or more which works for us, I'm not saying it is the correct thing to do, but for us it is.

We did try smoothing off today and had to drop the sensitivity to 9 to make it usable for us, and the end result in my opinion is one equals the other and so to me it comes down to what works best or how you like it setup for yourself really.

cheers dave

Gear used GPZ 7000 and x-coils

3 users like this post: mbasko, Евгений, bigdog

Reg Wilson
Banned
Banned
27 February 2021 10:33 am

Due to changes in the Russian X coil partnership I am now an agent for all types of X coils, rather than just coils for QED, which has been the agreement in the past.

Walmer Central Victoria
Began detecting 1979 Best colour 3Kgs Best patch 340 ozs.

1 user likes this post: Евгений

davent
29 August 2021 12:01 pm

Righto, looking to get an X Coil for the zed. Now, do i get a CC 15 or 17" or a 17x12 or 17" round spiral?
Will be using as a go to coil, so patch hunting and general use.
CC can handle EMI a bit better, not sure how they handle storms?
my understanding is you can pass over a nugget with the outer ring, but if you dont get close to the inner ring, can miss the target completley? So if thats athe case, it might not be a great patch finding coil?

Opinions from those with X Coil experience most welcome!

cheers Dave.

1 user likes this post: X-COILS

Jaros
29 August 2021 12:17 pm

Why not question Nenad/Phase Tech he'll be sure to know.

F1A4M2, GPX4500, Exterra 705 Gold, Ace 250, Goldrat 8" Dreammat River Sluice.

1 user likes this post: davent

mbasko
29 August 2021 12:24 pm

Davsgold would be the bloke to have a yarn to Dave.
Also I believe Goldwright https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … hp?id=4651 & his old fella Norvic have used them in QLD so would probably have some experience with your type of natural EMI? Might be worth dropping him a PM or email to?

1 user likes this post: davent