You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

thefitter
04 February 2021 07:19 pm

Hi all, any one using a quest wirefree mate ? Just want to get rid of the cables on the gpx

condor22
04 February 2021 08:40 pm

Not gonna do it mate. This is a Wireless Tx - Rx kit from audio source to headphones, i.e the SCD2300.

If you use it on the GPX, the Tx plugs to the battery, the Rx to the phones. You still have the battery cable. smile

The only way to get wireless on a GPX is to place the battery on the control box, then wireless the audio to you from it.

Last edited by condor22 (04 February 2021 08:40 pm)

1 user likes this post: phrunt

Redfin
04 February 2021 08:51 pm

condor22 wrote:

The only way to get wireless on a GPX is to place the battery on the control box, then wireless the audio to you from it.

Or purchase a GPX6000

Det used - Whites 6000D, ML SD2000, ML SD 2001, ML SD 2200D, Garrett Infinium. Minelab SDC 2300.Minelab GPX 4500. Minelab GPX 5000.
Minelab GPZ 7000. --------------------Current Det - Garrett ASD Groundhog. . .Minelab GPX 6000

thefitter
04 February 2021 09:00 pm

condor22 wrote:

Not gonna do it mate. This is a Wireless Tx - Rx kit from audio source to headphones, i.e the SCD2300.

If you use it on the GPX, the Tx plugs to the battery, the Rx to the phones. You still have the battery cable. smile

That’s what I was going to do mate

Northeast
04 February 2021 09:07 pm

Yes, used the Quest wire free mate on the QED until it was recently sold. Very good piece of kit and quite cheap compared to the Garret version.

It holds a battery charge all day long and is quick to recharge. Has good volume control. Plug whatever headphones or earbuds into them that you like.

The only downside is that you can't use the transmitter to transmit directly to any set of wireless headphones - it has to go to the receiver first and the headphones plugged into the receiver. But it still gets you wireless from the detector.

Or there is the version that has a transmitter to a proprietary set of headphones. http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/qu … eadphones/

Or the Lite version http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/qu … eadphones/

Nenad sells them. thumbsup

4 users like this post: thefitter, mbasko, Rockwall, phrunt

BrokeInBendigo
13 April 2021 12:39 am

Quest Wirefree Mate is excellent, great battery life and quick recharge.

I use it with deep-insertion in-ear-monitors (etymotic brand). Great noise-cancellation and despite the things going seriously deep into your ear canal, they are super comfortable - I forget they are in.

The etymotics are also excellent for listening to and producing music, some of the most detailed and neutral IEMs on the market. But they stay with the detector kit usually smile

I am switching to a Detectronics Busy B DBV battery kit:

https://www.detectronicsaustralia.com/p … ery-system

So you have a lightweight battery strapped to the control box, and it has an integrated wireless transmitter. The kit comes with a receiver like the Quest unit, and you supply your own headphones.

Allows you to be totally wire-less from the detector. Cannot stand the curly cable.

GPX 5000 / sP01 / NF coils

1 user likes this post: Northeast