Looking to buy a decent detector for between $500 & $700

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The truth is your not going to get a good dedicated gold detector for the price range you posted sorry but thats how it is Ive had a few detectors before the dedicated one and never found gold until I bit the bullet and bought one sure you might be lucky with a cheaper all round machine but dont count on it if you want to find gold buy a gold detector cheers all the best Muk.

Cheers muk, I've had a bunch of pm's already offering a noob something that would get me going and plenty of well mannered and well meaning advice. Thanks to all of you who have given me a guide as to what to get and also to those who are putting through kind offers for sale and tutorials. I have no idea what second hand detectors go for but like I said in my post above I have seen em at all kinds of prices and don't know what's what yet. Added a bit of humor so folks would get a laugh and that's it. The fact is I CANT spend a fortune and biting bullets is dangerous (I've always had at least one primer explode when reloading my own loads on my lee press ?) so just dipping toe in the water. Cheers for all the positive suggestions and PM's guys n gals.

Status
Not open for further replies.