Looking for current news on Slatey Creek and sailors creek

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkcade

Ross
Reaction score
Hi Gang, looking at camping out at Slatey or Sailors in the next week or so is water still running there or should I bring my own..

Hi.
I went to Slatey this week. It has virtually stopped flowing. Puddles left and rapidly drying up.
Cheers.

Hi, I was there yesterday. Franco is right, it's not running, but a few nice decent sized clear pools good for panning.
They won't last more than a couple of weeks though.

Being dry is ok for a short day of panning, nice and easy to get access to hard to get to areas, classify and pan in a pool.

I'll be there making the most of it in the next week or two, check out some crevices, get in behind bigger boulders etc.

Cheers.

there's always water somewhere at slaty, further up the system you go you'll find deeper bedrock pools, also alot of the side roads have dams, theres at least 5 i know of that have water all year round.

Crossed at camp ground 1 last night about 8. Few other pools here and there but I wasn't there too long.
1610753136_resized_20210115_183236.jpg

Forgot to update this went last Sunday, Campground 3 still has larger deeper puddles close by and some small areas of flowing water (although I would assume thats all gone now with the weather we have had).
Scored about a decent amount from panning for the day and there were some great people out camping that popped over for a chat.

Going to try my luck with the 800 this weekend out near CG3 now that the waters all but gone.

Latest posts