⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davent said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...2957_01de64ec-75ec-4b0a-a52d-40a8ce0a7795.jpg

1st day out for over 2.5 years.
Went to play with a zed, and chose a random place close to home, stupidly easy to get there, 4 targets 4 nuggets , biggest 5.45 grams total of 9. 8gms
All lightly covered in dirty quartz I think.
Fluked a patch lol, cant wait to get back there now, no junk, no signs of anyone ever doing anything but driving past, me included, for 20 years I drove past thinking one day I should stop and check that out :D :D

Nice work. How many others do you think have done the same?! I know I've been guilty of that as well

davent said:
RM Outback said:
Must feel bloody good to be finding good gold after a 2 year spell :perfect: all the best when you next get out there :beer:

You bet mate! Going to spend time looking outside the known areas.....might be a bit slow, but never know, might get lucky again.

Dave I've often thought the same but I'm too impatient so after an hour or so I head off to where I'm pretty sure to come home with something. I think we should do more loaming to zoom in on the gold. A lot of areas might have a small patch that hasn't been found yet but it's just luck to stumble across it. If you could pick up the trail of fine gold with a pan perhaps that would lead to the better stuff.

Northeast said:
A P.A. Loaming Demonstration Day!! How to do it, what equipment, this first, that next, how you follow a run.

Would be a great education.

Might be something we could organise for the Super Vic Meetup?
Yep it would be a lot of fun to do as well as educational :Y:

Northeast said:
A P.A. Loaming Demonstration Day!! How to do it, what equipment, this first, that next, how you follow a run.

I'm allways pi55ed when I post on social media but seriously...how long do you all think the shallow gold is going to last even with the ultra coildetector technology?
At some point we will all have to dig n swing for it.
I'm just working where the old timers did up here but if your in the GT I believe without even going there that the rewards are there.
Allways take some ground home to pan!!!!!
Jethro...rememeber that sampling day and you panned a bit of ground beside the road and got the little reefy bit, your words exactly "hmmm interesting" and I couldn't get one.
That was my favorite day :cool:

And one after,all that micro geology show n tell will be all that's left. Way in the es future prediction :cool:
It's enevatable!

1612327728_02f2272b-4120-4794-b1a5-d8ccd462b66f.jpg

1612327753_28bab445-38f6-4129-8378-0b97afd2886d.jpg

Went out this morning , could only manage 2.5 hours, the EMI from storms was unbearable and light rain until I left, then really heavy rain!
Managed 3 targets , 2 screamers, 1 st was a bullet, and its the only bullet Ive found there so far, and these 2 speccies, 1 dosnt have much in it I think, both in quartz.

Northeast said:

There's the Sam Cash book "Loaming for Gold" that sets it out pretty plainly.
Also one part of a movie ... The Ballad of Buster Scraggs has an episode that show roaming in a great light (try Netflix or such to find it) ... some of the "episodes" are great, some shite but the loading one is good.

An organised day will also obviously someone that what's to get into it seriously.

Yes, have watched the Ballad of Buster Scrugs - great little series of short films.

I will look up the book.

It is a fairly simple theory but I just haven't put it into practice as yet as I am sure is probably the case with many others.

Would just be a fun way to spend a few hours and share some knowledge :Y:

Latest posts