Prospecting / Gold Related TV Shows.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davent said:
Dont watch the tv prospecting shows much, but I do watch you tube clips.
Pioneer pauly and vogus are my two main shows, even though there is not much detecting, I prefer to watch them.

Yeah I watch both of them as well as Dan hurd, Jeff Williams and Aquachigger.. :Y:

on the internet not tv
Wishfull said:
Does anyone know what channel and time the
Minelab prospecting show is on tv tonight....if its actually on. Thought I saw it advertised for 7.30 ?

Had a tear in my eye at the end. What a magnificent story and not to mention the skill and dedication of the pioneers and the young bloke restoring the hut. His wife showed the determination, grit and shear guts to go to that part of the world. Thanks for a very entertaining hour. Much appreciated.
Mackka :flowers: :flowers:

I thought it was as entertaining as any other reality series I've seen. It was interesting to see such a range of areas and techniques (detecting, crevicing, etc), but I really wish they hadn't shown descents into old mineshafts to fossick for overlooked ore. That is so damn dangerous even for 'experts', what with decayed roof supports, toxic gases/lack of oxygen, seismic rockfalls, old explosives, etc. The last thing the hobby needs is more people taking an interest in those areas, IMHO.

Couldn’t agree more Grubstake, I was horrified . However, for my money, the First Nation bloke and his Beautician daughter won the day. Firstly with his use of a Spinifex brush and secondly her complaining about the heat but wearing black pants. She knew when to get Dad over to dig a target and thats all that matters to me. Well done young lady for sticking it out.Mackka

I thought it was as entertaining as any other reality series I've seen. It was interesting to see such a range of areas and techniques (detecting, crevicing, etc), but I really wish they hadn't shown descents into old mineshafts to fossick for overlooked ore. That is so damn dangerous even for 'experts', what with decayed roof supports, toxic gases/lack of oxygen, seismic rockfalls, old explosives, etc. The last thing the hobby needs is more people taking an interest in those areas, IMHO.
Totally agree and there will be copycats and how long before someone dies. You know what the fix will be, they’ll shut down areas

OK, but accept it for what it is, almost scripted entertainment ..... follows the normal scenario, who they are, a bit of prospecting and (overvalued) finds then oops "Houston we have a problem" which is naturally overcome before the better finds and final weigh in (all the gold rush series have the same format).

But hey I was entertained and that's the main thing (except for to f'n many adds on the catch-up thingy).
Sadly it many encourage others to search for a shrinking resource, hopefully non will be stupid enough to go down mines unaided or WA when the heat is really on.
Cheers T.

I have to agree with the mineshaft parts as well. Not very responsible, whilst those involved might have extensive experience at shafting, caving, rope work etc - the way it is presented makes it look something anyone with a few ropes and a harness can do.

Unless I missed it, I never seen a single gas detector worn by anyone who went into the shaft. Hopefully no one gets any ill-informed ideas from it and ends up getting trapped or worse in an old mine.

Latest posts