Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So true fwdoz. I've camped in snow and very cold conditions many times. Last really cold night was a few years ago on the Shoalhaven. It was -11 in Goulburn and not much warmer at the place I was camping. I was warm and cosy in my swag, having been well prepared for the cold snap.

Good company, being on the creek and getting some gold make it all worthwhile, even though the puddles had 2" of ice that lasted all day.

Geez Doc, -11!

I froze at Indi Bridge with -7, but then again it was unexpected the temp would get that low.

Been wading up some bloody ice cold streams/rivers with the crown jewels numbing up, but the beautiful views tend to have you not even thinking about the cold.

Today I bought a little 12ft tinny to replace my flat bottom punt, I've had tinny's in the past, half cabs and recently had a Caribbean 5.2m Belmont but sold it to fund the Jayco Swan Outback as we weren't using the boat enough, having the flat bottom punt was good for the Murray River trips but that was about it, the wife was struggling to get her end up on the roof racks so I've been on the lookout for a basic 12ft tinny and trailer, going to put my 15hp Mariner on it and we can fish out from Warneet channel on good days, take it to Bemm River when we book a house each year for 7 days, take it to Lake Eildon and various other lakes in Vic, if we are going for the weekend then we'll swag it and save the Jayco camper for prospecting trips or where we don't need the boat.

This tinny is a Savage Snipe 1973 model, it's been either garaged or in storage the whole time it's not been used.
There is not a single drill hole anywhere on the boat, so basically we have a blank canvas to make it into a simple basic fishing boat to suit out needs.
It needs new tyres and a jockey wheel but it's going to be a pleasure decking this thing out over the next few months with seats, rod holders, battery, fish finder, nav lights, bimini cover and whatever else makes it more practical.
It even comes with attitude as you can see by the Mickey Mouse decal, still scratching my head why Malcolm (82yo owner) had that on there :lol:

1611486447_20210124_171449.jpg

1611486466_20210124_171518.jpg

1611486478_20210124_171423.jpg

All good Mackka :)
I'll be putting my Mariner 15hp on the back, it'll have enough get up to get us where we want, I've also got a transome mount 54lb Watersnake electric so will look at making a mount for that as well.

Latest posts