Equinox 600 settings for gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings fine prospectors!

I am looking for an advice about setting & fine tuning my nox 600 for gold fields. I have never done that before, only used it for beaches, however once I started to watch aussie gold hunters on youtube I am slowly getting hooked up :lol: . Do you think that nox can do a good job hunting for nuggets time to time?

Thank you in advance!!!

Rich

I've been playing with my 600 with the 6inch coil, taken it out 4 times for a couple of hours each time when I dont feel like dragging the gpx out. Found gold every time.

The trick is to play to its strengths, you're looking for small shallow gold and that's all. So either work old diggings or look for surface specimens. IMO the 6inch coil is a must for gold.

Run it in field 2 to lean more on the high frequencies, recovery speed on 3 so it will still hit good targets while it's being bombarded with mineralized ground.
When I turn the sensitivity above about 15 ground noise starts coming in around the 9-14 area, I blank out all those numbers and I can get the sensitivity up to 20 and it handles it great. Gold can basically come in at any number and the shape has more to do with the numbers than the size, most will come in under 10.

I run a single tone, dig anything with a repeatable signal.

Last time out I found 4 bits for .65g in a couple of hours. Good cheap fun.

Hello all, thought I'd share my settings for gold (that I have not found gold with yet because haven't been out enough, but did find lead 8.( )
Discuss:

Going through the menu... IN Park 2 mode:
AU for whatever that first one is
Ground balance manual (pump occasionally)
Volume whatever works
Threshold volume 0
50 tones (but 2 tone good too)
Ignore -9 to -7
Recovery 3
Fe bias 0

Latest posts