Boat ramp theory..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bush said:
Slippery when wet they say and in some cases with the slimy hair weed build up the brakes do not work. :poop:
Neither does the traction. :(
`but` most likely Banjo68 will be covered by insurance as that is what insurance is about mistakes , mishaps & acts of God.

Yes insurance can be very comforting until you attempt a claim :argh:

Are we still on track here? oh yeah there's boat-ramp in the title :lol:

Moneybox said:
Bush said:
Slippery when wet they say and in some cases with the slimy hair weed build up the brakes do not work. :poop:
Neither does the traction. :(
`but` most likely Banjo68 will be covered by insurance as that is what insurance is about mistakes , mishaps & acts of God.

Yes insurance can be very comforting until you attempt a claim :argh:

Are we still on track here? oh yeah there's boat-ramp in the title :lol:

Most certainly yet it was difficult to determine initially what the Topic was really about.
Gold / Flat Heads / Lures or Sunken Vehicles.
Seems strange though the one`s clicking the Likes Buttons on the boating mishaps are the one`s doing the complaining.
Back to the Topic Please which ever that really is. :party:

A chap i know, many years ago, wanted to try out his new boat up at Bribie. Reversed back down the ramp, forgot to put the safety chains on, hit the breaks and off slides the new boat. I heard that laughter from his mates could be heard back in Brissie.
Mackka

Just got back from the river across the road from home. 4 Murray cod keepers, all on cheese for bait. Had 5 but he snagged me. :fistpump:

No better days entertainment than setting up your picnic rug near any major boat ramp in Sydney on Australia Day.

Dad swearing,

Kids screaming,

Mum going off.

Boats not working

Trailers being backed by idiots.

Winch handles missing

Hours of fun

Pogo said:
No better days entertainment than setting up your picnic rug near any major boat ramp in Sydney on Australia Day.

Dad swearing,

Kids screaming,

Mum going off.

Boats not working

Trailers being backed by idiots.

Winch handles missing

Hours of fun

It's one thing to buy a flash boat
But can you actually back it down a boat ramp
Some people should practice that in their driveway beforehand
Saves a lot of heartache at the ramp

Since it seems now that it has been unanimously agreed that this thread is about boat ramps....

I haven't launched a boat for a good few years now, but in the past have never been without one.

Had the good fortune to spend a substantial part of my life in what people would call "desirable coastal locations".

Over that period there was one practice that stuck in the craw of every local fisho in every town I lived.

The tourist who backs down into the launch position, and then proceeds to transfer the fishing gear, food, drink, esky, clothing, etc. out of the car into the boat, release all the tiedowns on the trailer, insert the bungs, load up the kids into the boat, argue with the missus.....and then finally launch the boat.

In the recovery phase, the reverse occurred, but still arguing with the missus.

Do people still do that these days.....or is this the dumb question of the day :)

Banjo68 said:
It's one thing to buy a flash boat
But can you actually back it down a boat ramp
Some people should practice that in their driveway beforehand
Saves a lot of heartache at the ramp

Without wishing to go too far OT........if you think that's bad, go to any of the popular grey nomad caravan parks and watch the noobies in their shiny new Landcruiser, with their shiny new 24' van (which is designed to be towed across the Sahara desert) trying to back said van into a park site.....with help from the little lady, of course :)

Latest posts