Minelab GPX4500 settings and template

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1404816695_settings.jpg

Hope this may help. Rough guide only but helpful.

With the 45 it is important to have a stable threshold
settings gain 9-12
stable just below gain eg 9g 8s
audio quiet
target vol 10 -12 if to high it can make det noisy
vol limit 12
SOIL TIMMING enhanced
audio tone to suite your self I like 45
signal 16
response normal
I like to run in fixed and use the green button to ground balance
just run in general search mode
the coil rx M
I hope this helps stable and quiet use heads phone slow coil swing low to the ground regards john :)

Hey everyone
Was just wondering if anyone would be able to share some settings for gpx 4500 for warwick area I'm going to head out there next week for a day and try my luck . Have never detected before . I will be using a 14 x 9 nugget finder coil .
Thanks Paul

An easy way to set up an 11" DD for working hot ground is the following.

Set front panel switches to: Custom, Normal, Tracking, DD

In the menu scroll down to the mode and select Hi Mineral.
As all pre-sets are set to a happy compromise, so you may have to adjust Rx Gain as required.

My message is: Watched a guy on youtube saying he always uses Normal settings instead of Enhance, showing his reasons why he uses normal with testing on a graph that you can see a difference.
For me always run in General, Enhance, Fixed, Mono (using mono coil).
back pretty much default setting, or I may change the gain and stablizer.

Kenlily18 said:
My message is . Watched a guy on youtube saying he always uses Normal settings instead of Enhance ,showing his reasons why he uses normal with testing on a graph that you can see a difference.
For me always run in General ,Enhance, Fixed ,Mono using mono coil .
back pretty much default setting or i may change the gain and stablizer

Link would be nice. How you doing mate?

Normal is a more powerful setting than Enhance but ground conditions have to suit.
In Enhance you may be able to run higher Rx, switch to Normal ground noise may be too much for you so have to lower Rx.
Do you gain anything ??? Who knows. Just have to max out your "acceptable" noise levels and go from there.
Remember that SDC users are used to their machines being chatty .....

Regardless of the ground type, Enhance is a lot more sensitive than Normal on sub-grammers, particularly those under 0.4'ish.
If you are expecting subbies, and the ground is mild, then I'd prefer to be in Sens Extra over Normal.
The funny thing about Enhance is that it does particularly well on some larger targets as well, sometimes almost as good as Normal. So with a good mid-sized flat wound coil running in Enhance, you are seeing quite a broad range of target sizes.

But for big targets, 50c piece size and bigger, Normal timing rules supreme. Ground will dictate if you can use a Mono or have to go to a DD.

Phase Tech
Do you run sens extra normally and only switch back to enhance if the ground requires? I have been trying using sens extra on ground I have been over with enhance but it is yet to show a benefit.
Thanks centralvic

PhaseTech said:
Regardless of the ground type, Enhance is a lot more sensitive than Normal on sub-grammers, particularly those under 0.4'ish.
If you are expecting subbies, and the ground is mild, then I'd prefer to be in Sens Extra over Normal.
The funny thing about Enhance is that it does particularly well on some larger targets as well, sometimes almost as good as Normal. So with a good mid-sized flat wound coil running in Enhance, you are seeing quite a broad range of target sizes.

But for big targets, 50c piece size and bigger, Normal timing rules supreme. Ground will dictate if you can use a Mono or have to go to a DD.

Hi Nenad

So whats the difference between Enhanced to sens extra ? Ive never used that setting before so Im always interested in learning new things about the detector.

Cheers mate

Latest posts