Teetulpa & Waukaringa Goldfields SA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any information on how i could go about getting permission from the pastoral leaseholders surrounding teetulpa or waukaringa goldfields?? Im pretty keen to try out my luck with my new minelab detector but dont want to get prosecuted in the process haha...any advice or information (or links to good websites for maps etc) would be awesome!! Cheers

Years ago Wife and I detected at Teetulpa got permission from the Mining Lease Holders and pastoral holders. Think that the mining lease holders have changed. I suggest you ring the Hotel and/or Fuel station at Yunta for possible contacts.

Peter

From memory it was some years ago I found 2 small pieces, but it was bitterly cold, no trees, ( an eagle nested down a mine hole that we came across and flew out as we approached)and I would think its snake country when it gets warmer. Would definitely have a Blue tick Telstra phone that you can plug in a roof top Broomstick aerial on your vehicle to get a signal from Yunta.

hi everyone,
I also interested in detecting in Teetulpa and waukaringa goldfields SA.
Anyone wants to join me?
Regards, Jack

Jack114 said:
hi everyone,
I also interested in detecting in Teetulpa and waukaringa goldfields SA.
Anyone wants to join me?
Regards, Jack

Jack114 did you get out detecting at teetulpa/waukaringa?

clintfoley said:
Just wondering if anyone has any information on how i could go about getting permission from the pastoral leaseholders surrounding teetulpa or waukaringa goldfields?? Im pretty keen to try out my luck with my new minelab detector but dont want to get prosecuted in the process haha...any advice or information (or links to good websites for maps etc) would be awesome!! Cheers

do you have any contacts/info around getting permission for out there?

Re (do you have any contacts/info around getting permission for out there?)

A friend tried recently (Teetulpa), SA Mines Dept, Station Owner, Lease Holders and No Go, probably to many enquirers, I personally would wait for the virus situation to be finished B4 asking, even though SA has No/few cases.

Hi all, recently signed up member first post.

Resurrecting an old thread - I'm in Pt Adelaide and awaiting delivery of my newly purchased secondhand QED PI detector.
Been looking for places to acquire some skills other than Jupiter Creek and Mt Crawford and came across the Waukaringa Goldfield during my searches.
I'd be up for a trip up there (or thereabouts) if anyone's going and you don't mind a newbie tagging along.
Cheers
Fyshy aka Tony

Latest posts