NSW Locations

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey,

My partner and i are very new to this any helpful hints and info would be greatly appreciated :)

Dose anyone know of any Alluvial Gold Locations in NSW?
We have been thinking of going to places around wellington area for some panning.

Lilleth said:
Hey,

My partner and i are very new to this any helpful hints and info would be greatly appreciated :)

Dose anyone know of any Alluvial Gold Locations in NSW?
We have been thinking of going to places around wellington area for some panning.
Any creek/gully around the Stuart Town Common would be a reasonably safe bet as a starting place. The tracks can be rough & a few boggy areas after rain so I'd recommend 4wd or at least something with good clearance.
Likewise the creeks/gullies around Burrendong Dam or Mookerawa state recreational parks are worth trying. I think it's about $12/day for day visit access or you can camp or stay in cabins.
Other areas to check out (but are dependent on access) are around Bodangora, Wuuluman/12 Mile, Bushrangers Creek, & along the Bell & Macquarie Rivers.

Where are you travelling from to get to the Wellington area.
There might be other areas closer.
If you join this site you can get the historical gold mine locations with info for NSW on Google Earth.
https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t2273-historical-gold-mines-in-google-earth

Welcome to the forum Lilleth.
Once you have 10 post , send me a PM and I can put you onto a few places not far from Wellington.
The digger ( Wife) and I are heading out to Wellington in the next few weeks.
:perfect:

thanks for the welcome :)
Thanks for the information guys! that is very helpful, i am not far from wellington so most the places suggested are not to far for me to travel to, help me and my partner start out. ill check that link out thank you :)

Hello all
Just joined recently and look forward to learning a bit more than I know at the moment about prospecting. I live in S E NSW on the tablelands south of Canberra.
As I get more confident at posting I wiould like to do so.
Happy New Year and all the best.

Regards
Brettlimo

Lilleth said:
thanks for the welcome :)
Thanks for the information guys! that is very helpful, i am not far from wellington so most the places suggested are not to far for me to travel to, help me and my partner start out. ill check that link out thank you :)

Hi. If you wanna head to Burrendong dam send me a msg!

Latest posts