Bigger / Larger coil information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My NF 18 inch Advantage was one of my favorite coils for general use, aside from getting hung up on sticks and leaves of course. It found everything from 22 slugs in the first inch of soil to a brass boot tack at around 20 inches deep in clay (Heathcote) that was thoroughly thrashed. In saying that, it didn't find me gold - yet? This was on a Woody (Detector Mods) modified GPX 5000. I now use the Zed pretty much all the time... and take the 600 out for a spin too, its fun, light, and cleans up trash real quick!

mbasko said:
Chewy said:
I've just bought the nf 25" dd. It's a monster. I need to get some more experience with it though.
Hope you get a biggun' with it Chewy.
They're a monster alright. I had a look at one & started sweating. Left it in the shop :lol:
Thanks mbasko, they do seem to be lighter than you would expect though I must admit. I think I need to use the harness and bungee, and invest in a swing handle to make it easier to swing for longer. Also the gold I had in my left pocket was making it a bit noisy. Lol

condor22 said:
I'm looking forward to using my 18" Detech concentric on my next trip. :)

I am tempted to buy that biggest concentric mother that they make. Trouble is, it's hard enough getting the 5000 into the car with the NF 25" on it. I may have to start taking the trailer with me if I bought the 32" concentric :lol:

Deepseeker said:
condor22 said:
I'm looking forward to using my 18" Detech concentric on my next trip. :)

I am tempted to buy that biggest concentric mother that they make. Trouble is, it's hard enough getting the 5000 into the car with the NF 25" on it. I may have to start taking the trailer with me if I bought the 32" concentric :lol:

That will fit on the trailer nicely, right next to the mini excavator - you're going to be digging a big hole! I have dug holes more than knee high with an 18 inch coil...

Latest posts