New way to find gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and another.

1580964963_capture.jpg

How's your process going GF nearly a year on? I'm new to the forum and came upon your post. Have you done any testing etc? Any results you can share or have you left it behind?
Cheers.

You have three approaches with inventions. Take it from someone who has forgotten more inventions than most people will ever have, I've been down this road many times. The first way is spend tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars trying to protect your IP only to have companies in China rip it off, then try to sue each of them, only to have them burn their business papers and register ten new ones tomorrow afternoon, playing whack a mole with dirty con artists.

The second is to bring the product to market cheap and fast and undercut the Chinese for as long as you can until eventually they produce an inferior cheaper product and everyone buys that instead leaving you unable to run the factory any more and having to declare bankruptcy so that years later people say "I wonder why we can't get any high quality X anymore, only this half broken crud that doesn't work." oblivious to the fact they contributed to the destruction of the industry they now wish they had.

There is a third way which is what I do now. I give the ideas away, and alienate all alienable rights to the product. That way I can eventually purchase my product made by some fool trying to make a crust off of it who will go bankrupt in a few months anyway. And the reality is I don't end up any poorer than I would with 1 or 2, because realistically there's no way to profit from ideas anymore thanks to China stealing things.

The real question is whether your idea will work. It probably won't. If you think it's new it probably isn't. I mean heck, those 'fluid bed sluices' sold as CrocTraps and various other branded names (basically it's the same Chinese factory, just different resellers marking the $20 unit up to $300 and putting their sticker or etching on it's case) is just a boiler box that the 49ers used. There's very little truly new in this world, especially in the world of mining. But definitely make a prototype as a proof of concept for yourself at least.

Goldfreak said:
It's to do with finding it where it is not for recovery although perhaps it could be adapted for that existing technology is better suited. Thanks for the suggestions RM Outback.

I propose using a large amount of thermonuclear warhead detonations, gold irradiates to a higher level than most other minerals. We can then look for that irradiation signal in the field and will know exactly where all the gold is.

The best I've done so far is a home made GPR drone that I fly about areas to look at the bedrock and see if I can find any interesting terrain features that may be indicative of an old river bed or waterfall. It was a few hundred bucks of parts but well worth it. Doesn't find gold, but it shows me where there probably will be a higher amount than normal.

Dr Lex Winter said:
Goldfreak said:
It's to do with finding it where it is not for recovery although perhaps it could be adapted for that existing technology is better suited. Thanks for the suggestions RM Outback.

I propose using a large amount of thermonuclear warhead detonations, gold irradiates to a higher level than most other minerals. We can then look for that irradiation signal in the field and will know exactly where all the gold is.

The best I've done so far is a home made GPR drone that I fly about areas to look at the bedrock and see if I can find any interesting terrain features that may be indicative of an old river bed or waterfall. It was a few hundred bucks of parts but well worth it. Doesn't find gold, but it shows me where there probably will be a higher amount than normal.
Thorium channel radiometrics often works for that - tends to be more thorium relative to uranium and potassium because of resistate accessory minerals surviving transport better.

Nirvanadirt said:
How's your process going GF nearly a year on? I'm new to the forum and came upon your post. Have you done any testing etc? Any results you can share or have you left it behind?
Cheers.
Hello. Just came across this post. Sorry for the late reply. I have not done much and all the components are still sitting in a box yet to be field tested. My wife and kids were going to gp overseas and stay with the inlaws and leave me here to go prospecting by myself for a few months which would have given me the ideal chance to test it but a little virus got in the way so they couldn't go and I just stayed here and kept working my regular job. I think I posted a pic somewhere on the forum about how the machine let's you find the gold even down to tiny specks more easily. I will try to find it as I have pulled the thing apart again.

1614853824_1594735893_screenshot_20200714_233107.jpg
here is an old photo I posted. I mentioned lasers and gas at the time which I did experiment with but proved to be dead ends. The image you see was of a small area about 5cm2 of random rock, sand dirt and gravel of varying densitity. The white you see is the gold. The smaller speck is about the size of a sand grain. The image is also in real time and has not been photo shopped or edited. The trick is making the gold stand out from everything else. It might not seem like much but think of the possibilities. If you could wear it on your face for instance. You could then literally walk around and pick up what's always been hiding in plain sight. It's surprising what we don't or can't see.

My thing would only work on the surface or very near surface so probably wouldn't work for that but I think you could probably do what your suggesting with some sort of microwave imaging system or even an old xray machine like the ones my parents generation used to stick there hand in for fun. There is a company in Adelaide that is capable of making something else similar to that that imho would blow every current detector out of the water but they are focused on other things and enquiring on how they could do it would probably get me arrested :playful:

Hey mate , are you still involved with ne methods of locating. Im playing with Lidar , hyperspectral and thermal at the moment with great results. Im heading to a property in two weeks near Gympie to put a new drone with some nice tech to the test.

Midas1 said:
Hey mate , are you still involved with ne methods of locating. Im playing with Lidar , hyperspectral and thermal at the moment with great results. Im heading to a property in two weeks near Gympie to put a new drone with some nice tech to the test.
I am also interested in this direction, so I will wait for news from you) :cool: