Minelab GPX6000 release, general information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So being that the 6000 is riding on the back of old/existing technology, and the 7000 is the current "top of the range technology", what's going to be the next big thing??? I'd like to see real time, high resolution, color GPR in a detector format....been told I might be waiting for a long time :(

GPR already exists in a detector format.
https://www.minelab.com/anzea/countermine/detectors/mds-10
The fact is it's not very good for gold nugget prospecting. GPR rapidly loses depth/effectiveness in conductive grounds.
Good for voids, large items/hoards, changes in underground geo structures, mapping geology, underground utlities etc.

.....forgive me, I am on the wrong side of 50 and may be a little behind :lol: Just found a Steve Herschbach post with quote: "I suspect that adapting this detector for use in coin and relic detecting is more rumor than fact, but simply do not know for sure. The best bet is contact Minelab directly at the link above and see what they say."

Read the online MDS-10 manual, now have a little more understanding - but the question still remains, 5000 technology, 7000 technology, what's next? The 6000 does sound like an improvement in ergonomics, but no reason to sell my 5000 for one.

I would expect some kind of pre sale info/advertising for the upcoming release maybee a month or so before the actual release date (from minelab directly as they did with the vanquish). I would guess this will be early to mid february. It would be nice to get this information even a few weeks earlier in mid january. It might make the time till actual release go quicker, being able to discuss it in more depth while waiting it to drop :)

1610457789_screenshot_2021-01-13-00-19-34-1.jpg

Just saw this on dp forum. That guy pulled the photo from facebook he reckons. Maybee a facebook user can locate the photo and capture a better res pic. Its just a bit too low to make out the features written on the box.

Of the three points with icons (under the photo of the 6000), the one left of the three says "find all gold"
The middle one i can make out"____ expert" first word seems four letters
edit: i got focused finally... the second one actually says "fast expert"
Cant make out the third one on right. Think the first word is either "lighter" or "lithium" the second word cant see but maybee "charger".. (bit of a combo of a guess and the shape of blurry word
:lol:

Seems like there are seven feature points at the far right of the box in the photo also, but cant make out any of those words

1610462357_3cda6db8-0b5a-4334-b790-0f8f9946f7b7.jpg

2nd one says easy expert third one says lighter swing . Up the top under GEO SENSE PI it says ALL GOLD,ALL SOILS,ALL THE TIME.

The GPX6000 appears to be built on the same format as a Gold Monster, 10 manual settings 2 auto settings, auto emi, auto Gb, what a great idea! Can't wait for some on the ground reviews I trust.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/X67QYNiRyM8[/video]

2.1kg / 4.6lb

1610490078_minelab-gpx6000-features.thumb.jpg.fab42653daab5b04d8e651f23d81cd96.jpg

Don't know that I'm sold on it yet?
Some good things but have also taken away a lot of the functionality too by the looks of it.
IMO it's not really a follow on from the GPX4500/5000 but maybe more of a new series or even SDC3000? I'd put it between an SDC & GPX4500/5000 for experienced users (other than some new technology).
That opinion could change as more info comes to light?

Latest posts