The Equinox 600 Certainly Finds Things!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnderEmployedGeo

Gold Gold Gold
Reaction score
... But not gold, yet!
I've started to notice that anything on a -5 to -7 showing as quite deep is usually ferrous - old nails typically. Then really rusty stuff can do positive numbers if it's shallow, which is frustrating.
The weirdest one is charcoal! Yes fully burnt wood from the bushfires gets a signal, almost always 0 or 1.
Aluminium cans go 16+
My 24k gold ring at about 15cm went 11-ish so that's the sort of thing I'm looking for...

Point is, the 600 works, but yet to see it find gold. As I understood it, the 600 is the same as the 800, without "gold mode" but that "park 2" tweaked a little is essentially gold mode. Is save yourself the money and just get the 600, or save pennies and get a 5000 dollar detector...

Gold can show up as any vdi number.
Most of my rings have been 10 to 20. Which is what a bottle cap, ring pull, 5c, 10c, 20c, 50c, $1, $2 coin all fall into so have fun digging is my advice

I took my 800 gold detecting one time, was difficult to say the least, was falsing on the mineralised ground and was getting damaged by the sharp shale sticking out of the ground, I'm sure they can find gold but it would be a struggle. In saying that I'm pretty sure I would have found gold if I persisted and really tried to work out the finer details. Though yeah went back to the SDC pretty quickly.

Anyway keep at it, hope you get some.

Latest posts