Yeehaw how you folks all doin?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
You know they're people my name is Nirvana just going into the game with much enthusiasm been doing a lot of research reading a lots of squiggly maps and trying to figure out what the hell all the new geological gold surveys of Victoria mean?So yeah... wanted to say g'day to - from what I've read so far in the forums- the bunch of very thoughtful and knowledgeable people!! If there's anyone who is keen on some tips on where to start in this whole endeavour please p.m. me as I would be very grateful,

best of luck everyone cheers.

Welcome mate and enjoy the sickness where are you thinking of looking for the yellow stuff

Hey guys, I'm in Victoria.
I've thought of checking out a few spots where there's granite cliffs (I'm a seasoned rock climber) out side of healsville/Maryborough (also the you yangs) to try some prospecting and failing any signs of anything promising (I've been curious for years about these spots) I was going to head to Maldon and Castlemaine areas. There are a jumble of topographic maps I've found online that might be a good start for actual prospecting. I'm dreaming of making a highbanker that I can carry on a backpack that I could use as a recirculating system in out of the way spots but am looking into a design that will get rid of tailings the best way as there are more tailings management theories than there are designs. Am also going through the process of getting info on what kind of detector I should start out on? I know 0% info about metal detectors (apart that they detect metal and make annoying sounds lol). Has anyone ever prospected around the healsville area? Perhaps even the cathedral ranges?
Thanks for the welcome guys!!

Latest posts