Aussie zircon is world's oldest known piece of earth

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't help myself ;) 2.5ct GG stone started around the 7ct mark from memory

1393221665_dscf7673_-_copy.jpg

1393221779_dscf7671_-_copy.jpg

Cheers

Col

Nice stone Col...... cut by Lamberts? What colour would you say that one is? Cognac? The ones at Inverell are either Champagne, slight Pink or Reddish Burgundy colour.

Will be getting some cut very soon, but nothing like that one, Ive got a few around 3ct. Hopefully get 1ct or near out of some.

Cut by a guy in Adelaide (who I wouldn't recommend). I'd say it's a cognac colour the photo doesn't do it justice it's a fair bit lighter in real life

Cheers

Col

Very nice Colin&Lee :)

I'm edging to get my stone cut, but from what your saying I think will wait a little bit more :)

Thank you for your advice

Would be nice to know how old the ones on the east coast are. Guessing they would be in the billions as well, would be great to find out how old our Sapphires are to.

Cheers

Col

if ya get the chance, old Ron the Rock Man in Mount Magnet, WA, might be able to tell ya about this very stone, maybe a bit more.... well worth the visit and loves a yarn. ask for him at te info centre.

Gold689, maybe contact your local gem club? They'd have quite a few lapidary enthusiasts who might be happy to cut it for you for a nominal fee... I'd offer but I'm still a novice.

Latest posts