Golf ball size sapphire found

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
happens every year around this time though, publicity for the area ;) apparently it's just a bomb not worth much maybe a couple hundred tops. but that's just what the locals are saying. and the ones saying they've seen it. Let's be honest....If you found a 300-400 thousand dollar sapphire would you be going to the press telling everyone? course not someone would knock you on the head for it especially out there half the people don't actually mine their claims they have greenhouse. underground ;) if u get my meaning.
it's all publicity but a the end of the day there are still ALOT of sapphires and decent size to be had....especially out at Reward. A little harder to get to and no tourists so much better digging. my mum has a claim in sapphire and recently found over 50 sapphires in a couple hours panning at reward, one was 8ct party and crystal clear almost looks like glass.

they still do axeman especially the bigger ones that do it on site there's a local cafe there where u can do buckets of wash aswell....I'm pretty sure it's salted

Latest posts