⭐ Show Us Your Cut Stones - Before And After Photos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually offered to do a complete re-cut on the Tanzanite for the same money but the client wouldn't take the offer, it would have produced a superb stone with the right pavilion angles,and even though the finished stone would have been around the 3.5 - 4ct mark, the value would have increased significantly as the stone was eye clean and a good colour. The 4Cs would have been the best.

Martyz said:
And I gather they were both ring stones.
Maybe a bit too soft for rings.

Yes, this is the Morganite mounting

1607502555_mounting.jpg

Very little room to move with the finished size after re-cutting

:inlove: nice work DiHuSky

Mind bending but well worth the transformation efforts - it must be a relief once the last facet is done

Wally69 said:
:inlove: nice work DiHuSky

Mind bending but well worth the transformation efforts - it must be a relief once the last facet is done

Yes it is, tweaking indexes gets a bit mind bending, like some stars at 20 then 16 on one side but 76 +5/6 cheat and 80 + 5/6 cheat on the other to get rid of grinds but the breaks are 20 & 16 :D then 78 + 4.8/6 and 80 but still meet :( just trust the eyes :)

Can we see a side on shot next to say a plum or some such thing... looks nice hey :p

1613429713_img_20210206_204132.jpg

1613429713_img_20210212_162433.jpg

A Sri Lankan Blue - was given to me at 1.95 ct - terrible polish and looked like at least two goes had been tried to re-cut it. It had 2 different girdle lines (one dissected by several half facets) and varying over cut facets and seemingly attempts at covering poor facets.
Managed to retrieve a 1.2 ct Standard Round Brilliant which, when polished at 100,000, came up very nicely.

Latest posts