Equinox Software Updates v2.0 v3.0

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did an air test on the 4k setting with a silver coin and got the same result as the vid, very stable TID and tone. Doubt I'll ever use just the 4khz setting though but I might.

Well I'm stuck in Melbourne town (Covid very ordinary dragging on and on 19). Have upgraded the firmware on the Nox 800. Quite familiar with a 2 grain target on hot pavers in noisy back yard environment. This is the limit of my leash. I believe it is more stable using factory settings in identifying the target than before in all modes. So stability improvements? I reckon that has been achieved. My test target is a 2 grain piece of tin/lead solder melted onto a plastic milk bottle lid.

I've updated my 600, yet to test it though. I'm confused? They can "add" another frequency - so the unit is all software controlled and has the mechanics already installed for future ideas? Does this mean my 600 is the same as an 800 mechanically and the software determines the frequency. Certainly would reduce manufacturing costs to use the same board. Can someone please educate me on the NOX...

A-team said:
I've updated my 600, yet to test it though. I'm confused? They can "add" another frequency - so the unit is all software controlled and has the mechanics already installed for future ideas? Does this mean my 600 is the same as an 800 mechanically and the software determines the frequency. Certainly would reduce manufacturing costs to use the same board. Can someone please educate me on the NOX...

I'd say so considering the 600 runs the exact same frequencies as the 800 in multi frequency mode. The 800 has the additional higher single frequency used for prospecting which was omitted from the 600, along with other additional settings/features to differentiate between the two detectors. The rest of the cost of the dearer 800 go towards the addition of wireless headphones and the WM08 wireless module.

mmmmm i reckon a few software guys on this site might to be able to hack this beast...hope so could turn an already good machine into something better.... I stayed away from the monster phrase
:p :p :p

It's quite likely the same mechanically. In one of the updates an extra level of backlight brightness was added to the 600 - this got me thinking they were the same bits of hardware. One thing that is physically different is the absence of the Profile button on the 600 - that's not to say that under the exterior the same button doesn't live!!

Latest posts