Minelab GPX4500 tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might be worth spraying some contact cleaner in the power switch toggle. Mine became sticky last year and would sometimes take three goes to get it to fire up.
After a little squirt, it came good again and hasn't missed a beat since.

When I first got my 4500, I rang Minelab about the
gritty feel of the power switch.

If any problems, Send the box in and they willreplace it.

Starting to be a common problem.

Does the power on switch seem "Gritty. ?

Positive slight click when activated. ?

i have all 3, 17*13 is a pinch better than the 15 evo IMO. the 17x13 seems to have been made for the 4500... the 12 will pickup smaller bits, but they overlaap each other well in terms of range of nug size. it is personal preference but i preffer the larger coils for ground coverage.

I use a NF 15 inch solid round on my 4500 its a little heavy ,but I have absolute confidence in it . You have to find the gold and-walk over it and I dont want anything stronger . I just dug a superglue tube at half a metre deep within a metre of a 1:5 gram piece that was 300 mm deep.That kind of excitement I dont need.

Before I added the SDC to my arsenal and for the 5000 (also suits the 4500) I originally got the 11"" Mono, 11"DD and for diggings etc I added the 8" Commander. They are my go to for smaller stuff using the GPX.

For larger deeper prospecting I use a 15" Detech Mono and the 18" Detech concentric.

The 3 gram in my Avatar was the 1st nuggy found with the 15" mono after only 15 minutes of use. :) (near Dunolly)

Latest posts