Gidday from Yeppoon

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My name is Brittany and I live and detect on the East coast of Florida. Fort Lauderdale and Miami. A few hundred KM north is the treasure coast full of Spanish treasure from 300 years ago and more. I hunt on the beach and in the water using a Garrett Sea Hunter II. I like PI units and I am getting better with it to discriminate out some of the trash. I want to add the difficult-to-find TDI PRO OR THE TDI PRO OZ to my detectors because there are some cool things you can do with it depending on how you set PULSE DELAY AND TARGET CONDUCTIVITY. I once tried a Minelab SD2100D and learned the hard way what that detector could find, like AA/AAA batteries at 0,70 meters, OR tiny iron flakes at the same depth. Needless to say, I sold that detector quickly.

I have videos in 4k of my detecting on the beach but I don't know if I can say my youtube channel?

:heart:

Welcome aboard Alison and Brittany..
Envious of your prospects over there Brittany :p
Alison my Dad (GRHS) used to hunt crabs amongst the rocks at Emu Park way way back mid last century.... he told me an old bloke up there taught him how to be still and listen for the sounds of the crabs sliding across the rocks to know where they were... then he'd catch them by hand. Big muddies in amongst the rocks... who'd a thunk it hey. :D

Welcome Alison,

There is a lot of information on this website, I found the searching some of the posts handy when setting up my detector to run nice and quiet and also reinforced the general prospecting mindset of leaving minimal impact and enjoying the bush.

Regards

Gavin

Welcome aboard Alison and Brittany. Happy hunting :goldnugget: :goldpan: :gemstone: :pickshovel:

Latest posts