⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went out for a swing with OzzieAu in the Adelaide hills.
Managed this 2 grammer with the Zed, High Yeild / Normal sensitivity 17 and a slow swing speed
Beautiful peice, very reefy/porous

1606379647_20201126_083302.jpg

1606379673_20201126_083242.jpg

1606379701_20201126_083358.jpg

Goldfield Joe said:
It even looks like lead shot and sounded so faint I almost gave up trying to find it.
You just have to be better than they were". :Y:

Awesome .... 2 things there ... a mate recently went through his rubbish bag and for some reason a "shot pellet" caught his attention, yep he was about to throw out a little round nugglet, he thinks rubbing around exposed just enough yellow to find it.
I always give them a scratch, if that silver sheen comes through ..... lead.

The other thing is just spot on ..... get it in your mind that you're better than the last person that detected there.

Cheers T.

Recent "post lockdown" finds ...... all with the SDC.

GPX was humming with the 14" Elite (no gold) but couldn't get the 11" to run properly, made the assumption (probably incorrectly) that it wasn't me and had it sent to Coiltek to be checked out. Looked a bit bloated, might have expanded in the heat as it spends 90% of its time in the back of the car ...... some say you can loosen the cable nut and push the air out, thought I'd leave it to the experts if that is all it is.

Just a matter of checking the weather for those days under 25c ...... too hot for me these days.

Cheers T.

1606456372_963c5e0a-1e87-4b53-bc6e-26a482e219eb_1_201_a.jpg

LORD said:
Mate, that nuggy cleaned up sweet...it didnt look anything like that on the day.
I reckon its a Zed special with all that honeycomb. :goldnugget:

LORD said:
Lovely bit mate good one. 7s do like that stuff dont they. :Y:

Latest posts