You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

tryhard1968
15 September 2015 08:45 pm

Hey Nenad,

PM me your Paypal account and I will fund the field test, we all want to know, I would do myself except I am in Vic.

Rgds

Mark

Currently running a 2300/Z and 705 for my Son. Love the Talbot/Maryborough area. Low and Slow.

1 user likes this post: grubstake

goldnomad
17 September 2015 09:06 am

Ah yes...Ali Baba and the forty thieves!!!
The owner of Alibaba became the richest Chinaman by selling crap to the world.
Will Westerners ever learn about buying celestial rubbish?

Robert

I am a proud member of the PMAV

3 users like this post: Heatho, mudgee hunter, A-team

mbasko
17 September 2015 03:34 pm

goldnomad wrote:

Will Westerners ever learn about buying celestial rubbish?

Not while they're dazzled by bright lights, the thought of paying less for top shelf gear & bullshit it seems! hmm

Last edited by mbasko (17 September 2015 04:19 pm)

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

3 users like this post: Heatho, Reeks, mudgee hunter

Ridge Runner
18 September 2015 03:57 am

It would be good if it was a multi-frequency VLF Like the Golden Hawk was, but around the 8 to 1200 dollar mark.

AKA, Fridge Runner.... Ted Bullpit for PM

mbasko
18 September 2015 12:10 pm

They could call it the Eureka Gold tongue

Ridge Runner
18 September 2015 12:13 pm

mbasko wrote:

They could call it the Eureka Gold tongue

That's the One machine I have always wanted and never bought sad

AKA, Fridge Runner.... Ted Bullpit for PM

Adventurerchris
26 October 2019 08:44 am

Hi ladies and Gentlemen

I thought I should post a comment about the GFX 7000 detector.

Firstly I have owned a GP and GPX detectors since their first arrival on the markets and I like them a lot. I have had my Gpx5000 I think it was 2011 and enjoyed using it. I still have this.

I’m a teacher by profession and I use both a gpx5000 and a Gfx7000

I am half English Canadian and I have no loyalties to either company.

What I can tell you is I worked in Guangzhou in China as a teacher after Canada and I prospected in 4 countries using both detectors. I got my Gfx when I was in Canada from my Chinese Gf who bought me it from China.

I used both detectors for many years and I later learned that the company that made the Gfx actually developed the tech that’s used in the Gpx before minelab did. yikes
China has a controlled internet network and as such they could not market their detectors until very recently.
I myself had trouble there communicating with anyone outside China as all my common apps were blocked inside China hence no YouTube.
Very recently people there can use a vpn to access some sites to try and advertise and it’s a shame that the makers of this product have had unqualified white western people taking advantage pretending to help translate and get the word out about their detectors meeting the company and being toured only to use their tech etc

Fact this is not a Gpx or copy it actually can ground balance on highly magnetic soil near a volcano in the Philippines where my gpx5000 would just overload it was the same on many of the black sand beaches in Zambeles region in the west coastal areas of Luzon province. I had 4 detectors with me 1. Cz21 2.Fisher F75 3. Gpx5000 4. GFX 7000. The GFX was the only detector that would work and ground balance.

They look similar but I can tell you this model and shape has been used in China for a very long time.

Ok that said I can understand the concerns with prospectors and would advise when buying from non mainstream minelab dealers especially any Gpx or Gpz promoted products . Get a serial number check as these have been the target of some copy companies. Not the GFX as yet i don’t think has been copied.
the Gfx is a different product and not with minelab stickers or colors and I assure you it is well made and made by a very good long standing established electric detecting company that has been leading many markets in Asia with some of their tech innovations.

The device works very well and does seek deeper than my gpx5000 and my friends 4500 i admit that, like the recent Nocta Simplex that’s taking the YouTube detector market by storm-them that have the power to advertise hold the market well in this hobby.
They always seem to look like the winners in the prospecting world.
That’s how history tends to run as well. Living in a advanced but restricted internet country it’s hard to get videos out like the the mainstream countries can.

I hope I can dispel the the worries of any who wish to try a GFX and I’ll do my best to smile and make a YouTube video on highly mineralised magnetic sand in Scotland I found my guess from an ancient volcanic event I guess. Has anyone come across these conditions before? I’ve only found near volcanos. I’ve searched both of Melbourne and west of of Queens and love the natural beauty there.

I have 2 of these detectors now and I am glad to dispel any prospectors worry’s wink about trying one you will be glad you did and your save just like all the people buying the Simplex around the world now and vanquish.

I just bought a go pro and I’m learning to use it so I will make videos of this for all to see stand by. It will be great to help out people that seek gold but can’t afford high pricing. thumbsup
Well done to Minelab Nocta and The Company making the GFX for getting these great detectors out for us top marks to the teams and thank you for thinking about sensible pricing too (Vanquish etc) power clap trophy

Last edited by Adventurerchris (26 October 2019 09:01 am)

Booney
26 October 2019 09:22 am

yikes is that you Ali ???

4 users like this post: grubstake, Smoky bandit, StoneTheCrows, mudgee hunter

AuMan
26 October 2019 09:32 am

Adventurerchris sorry, but I have to disagree totally with your post. The GFX7000 was produced after Minelab were hacked and information such as schematics and firmware were stolen.
I have been working on Minelab detectors for over 10 years now and have a few tests that are quickly able to identify if a detector works correctly or not. The GFX7000 does not work correctly at all. An SD2000 would be better!

Now, electronically, the gfx7000 is almost an exact copy of the gpx4500, however, on some of the more critical parts such as the low noise ad797(expensive)(substituted for noisy ne5534(cheap)) they have skimped out along with a few other parts.
However, the thing that immediately got my attention and makes the detector unusable is SETA does not work, well it is working, but it is not set up/calibrated, therefore when you swing the coil the detector moans, when you go over a magnetic rock it wails, when you wave a ferrite magnet near the detector it wails.

They are good for parts and as a troubleshooting lab rat!

Cheers Mick

Last edited by AuMan (26 October 2019 09:36 am)

9 users like this post: diggit, grubstake, mbasko, Ded Driver, CreviceSucker, mudgee hunter, PeterInSa, Heatho, Reg Wilson

diggit
26 October 2019 10:00 am

The only logical conclusion is that AdventurerChris is really a Nigerian prince lol

2 users like this post: Booney, mudgee hunter

AuMan
26 October 2019 10:10 am

diggit wrote:

The only logical conclusion is that AdventurerChris is really a Nigerian prince lol

Perhaps the GPX5000 he has is also fake. I have seen the fake gpx 5000 detector(VLF internals) and the GFX7000 would be a Rolls Royce in comparison!

By the time you pay exchange rates, gst and duty, one would be far better off getting any of the secondhand Minelabs already available in Australia, not to mention you then have a detector that works properly to begin with and can be repaired if needed.

Cheers Mick

Last edited by AuMan (26 October 2019 10:10 am)

6 users like this post: grubstake, mbasko, CreviceSucker, mudgee hunter, ProspectorPete, Reg Wilson

mbasko
26 October 2019 05:30 pm

Adventurerchris wrote:

I later learned that the company that made the Gfx actually developed the tech that’s used in the Gpx before minelab did.

Complete horseshit sorry! poop

Last edited by mbasko (26 October 2019 05:34 pm)

4 users like this post: grubstake, Reeks, mudgee hunter, RM Outback

G K
23 November 2020 02:52 pm

ive seen those detectors go on aliexpress, for around 1200 aud dollars, including free shipping. I imagine they are legal now to buy because and after the minelab dispute many years ago, so as seen they've changed the name and color.. anyway for a good pulse detector that is usually that price range.. Im only curious as every one else here, I would have been so close to spend that kind of money within my budget, instead i bought a gold monster from miners den, thinking not much info is provided and the guys at the gold shop told me to stay far away from Chinese detectors, but you got to understand now days every dam thing is made in china, even legit stuff, so that sparks up my curiosity... all i wanted was a decent upgrade on a pulse detector with similar features if at all to the gpx 5000, I am so close to buying one... but aliexpress has been pretty dogy with those chinese dealers...owe yea.. and i did chase it up on you tube.. those indians could not run proper tests with the stupid background music, anyway im still scratching my head. Also Member... Adventurerchris.. you say you have a chinese gfx 7000, would it be to much to ask if you can upload a test vid on youtube, so we can all see it perform in realtime... thanx buddy.

Last edited by G K (23 November 2020 03:05 pm)

AuMan
23 November 2020 04:21 pm

G K wrote:

ive seen those detectors go on aliexpress, for around 1200 aud dollars, including free shipping. I imagine they are legal now to buy because and after the minelab dispute many years ago, so as seen they've changed the name and color.. anyway for a good pulse detector that is usually that price range.. Im only curious as every one else here, I would have been so close to spend that kind of money within my budget, instead i bought a gold monster from miners den, thinking not much info is provided and the guys at the gold shop told me to stay far away from Chinese detectors, but you got to understand now days every dam thing is made in china, even legit stuff, so that sparks up my curiosity... all i wanted was a decent upgrade on a pulse detector with similar features if at all to the gpx 5000, I am so close to buying one... but aliexpress has been pretty dogy with those chinese dealers...owe yea.. and i did chase it up on you tube.. those indians could not run proper tests with the stupid background music, anyway im still scratching my head. Also Member... Adventurerchris.. you say you have a chinese gfx 7000, would it be to much to ask if you can upload a test vid on youtube, so we can all see it perform in realtime... thanx buddy.

See my previous reply #34.

4 users like this post: grubstake, mbasko, ProspectorPete, reynard

reynard
23 November 2020 08:17 pm

G k your only believing what you realy want to. We would all love to buy a Mercedes for a muso price ,but oils ain't oils sole.
Jim wink

2x 4500,s sdc 2300 , pheonix to stay in ,landcruiser to get us there and BACK ,and a wife as keen as me

1 user likes this post: mudgee hunter

G K
23 November 2020 08:31 pm

thanx AuMan.. Ill keep saving.. but Hey...the Gold Monster Is a beauty, for what its worth.

2 users like this post: mudgee hunter, ProspectorPete

mudgee hunter
Banned
Banned
23 November 2020 08:47 pm

G K wrote:

thanx AuMan.. Ill keep saving.. but Hey...the Gold Monster Is a beauty, for what its worth.

I beleive it is too. + resale value on a minelab is better than other brands i beleive.
I've got a new SDC, But have plenty of respect for the monster!

Last edited by mudgee hunter (23 November 2020 08:48 pm)

Member of the "Banker Gang"

1 user likes this post: ProspectorPete

aussiefarmer
23 November 2020 09:21 pm

The only thing Alibaba has made that works, is a chicken kebab with salad and bbq sauce.....

Adventurerchris is a BOT that has 3 posts and bought a gfx7000 piece of poop and now has to justify to himself that the machine is better than the QED he had planned to buy but got sidetracked and swindled by the Chinese machine.

If you buy shite you wild find shite. It's that simple.

Last edited by aussiefarmer (23 November 2020 09:22 pm)

Wish in one hand and poo in the other , See which one fills up first !

4 users like this post: mbasko, ProspectorPete, Reg Wilson, Heatho

Reg Wilson
26 November 2020 10:31 am

Some time back I was sent one of these from a guy in Darwin who bought two of them while on a business trip to China. The graphics were different but the colour and designation was the same. It had all the same features of a 4500 but certainly did not work like one.
In short, it would not ground balance, so basically useless. I sent it back to the owner and told him he had been ripped off. He was reluctant to believe my diagnosis, and suggested that perhaps I was unfamiliar with this model and just didn't know how to tune it.

Walmer Central Victoria
Began detecting 1979 Best colour 3Kgs Best patch 340 ozs.

1 user likes this post: grubstake

A-team
26 November 2020 11:46 am

I hear they are great for finding Chinese coins???

"Gold is learning how to hide better"
Equinox 600 - 2 x GPZ 7000s Nothing else needed...

mbasko
26 November 2020 12:04 pm

So is a Go-Find roll