Kara Kara Fire Track Closure.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Noticed that the fire gates on goat track have been closed.
Does anyone know when they are likely to be opened ?
The track runs from Kara Kara through to Red bank with a gate at each end.
Also noticed a new track has been made going around the gate.
No stopping some people I guess.

Staples :eek:

Worth contacting the local DELWP office and ask them, my guess is the end of fire season which is the 1st of May 2021. Fire season end is always 1st May each year until closer to the date when environmental conditions and forecasts are better understood. You can liken it to track closures in the high country each year always the end of May to October, being classified a fire track closing it for the duration of the fire season fits the bill. But I could be wrong.

RM
Thanks that makes sense
Its interesting because it wasn't closed last year.
Wonder what the thinking behind it is.
Maybe just to keep people out of an area they could get caught in if a fire starts.

Given the wet autumn and winter rain the grass and plant growth has increased the fuel loads for this season which I'm sure is the primary reason for the track closure. I haven't been aware of this approach in the past so part of the reasoning might be due to the current climate of covid and the travel restrictions caused from it resulting in DELWP expecting more people in these areas over the fire danger period, just a thought.

Mmm....was a burn in that area over a yr to 2 yrs ago in Kara. Watched and watched, went there, track closed....closed.....closed....did the right thing I thought and always try to. Honestly I went back and forwards for months!
Then months later found out the burn was well and truly over several plus more months ago. Let's just say some guys who err....detected....and errrr....were with the burns.. .errr....left the tracks closed signs up on purpose. Smacked the area before they took the signs down. When the signs were gone the burnt area had that much new burnt growth (typical aus bush that waits for burns/fires to regenerate) was higher than the pre burn growth. They suckered everyone and caned the area. :N: Fact.

staples61 said:
That's insider trading !
Should be illegal.
Are they hiring ?
:D Has happened in a few places here in Vic in the past several years and more. Got stooged in Dunolly around 5 yrs ago.
Just a guess at the time frame. But mate told me "no signs are bs" luckily after 8 weeks of the bs we went there and in our area we were waiting on no holes or scrape anythings. Got some yellow. :D
But seriously, some areas the guys do the right thing. So cannot bag em all out. But some other areas they are slime dogs. :mad:
Human nature I guess!