Blackwood fossicking

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitangel

Stephanie Munroe
Reaction score
Hello all,

Me, the hubby and a friend are headed up to blackwood on Sunday for a bit of fossicking, and we were going by a map in Gemstones of Victoria, but it's looking a bit outdated now. For instance, they suggest trying the Lederderg river, and nowadays that's off limits. So what I'm asking, in a roundabout way, is has anyone got a current map of the legal fossicking areas in Blackwood, or surrounds? Or any hotspots they know of that are legal? By the looks of it, there's not much, but I'm keen to try at least.
Cheers,
Kit

Can't give much help in regards to that area other than to say it's rough country and some of the tracks may (will ?) be a little ordinary even for 4WD units, be careful.
The GeoVic site may be of assistance, takes a bit to get familiar with the filters and such but worth the effort.
Good luck, Tom

If you care to go that little bit more to Daylesford I can help you out with some places for fossicking.
cheers Wayne

Hey deepblue, that'd be great :) we've been talking about trying daylesford out tomorrow. Would you be around, and happy to show us a spot? We'd be very grateful :) and we can shout some lunch!

There are some wonderful people on this forum, thank you for the offer of help :)

Latest posts