⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey jazz. that pan of cons looks like pure iron pyrites weathered to limonite. The gold is also quite prickly and angular, hasnt travelled far. :perfect:

jethro said:
Hey jazz. that pan of cons looks like pure iron pyrites weathered to limonite. The gold is also quite prickly and angular, hasnt travelled far. :perfect:

Nice! Thanks for the tip!

Looks at this, any recommendations? Should I travel higher up stream and have a bit of an investigate?

Jazz said:
jethro said:

Nice! Thanks for the tip!

Looks at this, any recommendations? Should I travel higher up stream and have a bit of an investigate?

Hey Jazz, Yes sample upstream and see if the rough looking gold gets rougher or cuts out. then work uphill either side to figure out where its been shed from. Sounds really easy if you say it quick. In reallity the old fellas have probably already traced the source and either mined it out or left it as a poor show. :/

90 minutes of digging this morning
1605316897_6f4447a3-3a58-47ec-a830-e12267eed15c.jpg

1605316897_f2902bdb-49a3-4939-ba60-d0939f8441ea.jpg

Can I bring my 3 inch dredge ? Oh ! just remembered I sold it 20 or so years ago ! Good luck to you , I am going to win Lotto to night ....

I got three numbers in Powerball the other night

That is about the most I ever get :|

Your nockin it out of the park Jamie :Y:

jamiealdridge said:

Great to see you and your finds back again JA.

Perfect for lazy arse sods like me that cannot prospect for more than an hour at a time without stopping to look at the pretty leaves in the trees. :goldnugget:

Your secret must be in the red handle on that spade ;)

1605351936_1605316897_6f4447a3-3a58-47ec-a830-e12267eed15c.jpg