Action Thread about HighBanking in NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone is interested, there is a website in which you can make a public petition and present it to government to try and have the electrical pump driven High Bankers or any other regulations you deem unsuitable/restrictive changed. It might or might not work but it should be worth a try. You make a petition and it goes out to the internet and people sign up and add their support to it, when you get sufficient numbers you present it to the Government and see what happens.

Use a web browser and type in: change.org

Cheers

Ed1

Petitions won't do a thing, it is too late.
We should of protested ages ago like the old timers to get the point across.
It is time for another Eureka Stockade, action gets results.
Are we not tired of being told what to do and can't do.
I ditched prospecting and now do Underwater detecting and have had amazing results finding all kinds of stuff.
I did go digging for the yellow on the weekend but to many bloody rules now.
I have a brand new trommel just rotting in the shed as well as Bankers and pumps etc.
Enough is enough.
Anyway my rant for the new year.
Brad

Its only stopped the honest blokes, I had a 20 minute break at oallen on Sunday arvo and was watching a silly old fool loading tubs approximately 60 litres each with gravel wash and putting them onto his old style landcruiser, the tray was half full and enough tubs on ground to fill it.
Ide say 600 to 800 litres of gravel were on there way to somewhere to be high banked.
Idiot :fistpump:

aussiefarmer said:
Its only stopped the honest blokes, I had a 20 minute break at oallen on Sunday arvo and was watching a silly old fool loading tubs approximately 60 litres each with gravel wash and putting them onto his old style landcruiser, the tray was half full and enough tubs on ground to fill it.
Ide say 600 to 800 litres of gravel were on there way to somewhere to be high banked.

That is exactly why more and more gates are locking, purely due to the wrong doing of a minority. Almost on a daily basis I watch people leave and the land owners comment as they go out the gate. They won't get back on here again. :(

aussiefarmer said:

I bet the overall gold content was low, 0.1 of a gram.

Well ide say .5 to 1.5 grams considering the amount of material he removed and the recent floods. Stupid really, it would take all afternoon to fill those tubs plus feul both ways and then best part of a day to process it all. Wouldn't even cover the feul.

Someone here would know who it was , old shape cruiser like the tan ones but painted blueish , the tray was facing me.

1643176246_dsc_1219.jpg

1643176270__20220126_164616.jpg

The other bloke was fishing and came to him for a chat.

aussiefarmer said:
Well ide say .5 to 1.5 grams considering the amount of material he removed and the recent floods. Stupid really, it would take all afternoon to fill those tubs plus feul both ways and then best part of a day to process it all. Wouldn't even cover the feul.

Someone here would know who it was , old shape cruiser like the tan ones but painted blueish , the tray was facing me.
No brains, happy without them.
Although might be selling as paydirt on eBay? :lol:

Even with eye crutches on I'm struggling to make out the make of vehicle, is it definitely Cruiser like you said?

If so at a guess I'd say 45 or 47 series. Can you go back and wait for him to come back and get a clearer picture :lol: :playful: :beer: What ever he's upto he arrived with a plan :beer:

Well it goes to show, if we didn't have these stupid laws in place, this probably wouldn't happen. I might be out of line, but good on him, my view. We are slowly being turned into robots and yapping about it and signing petitions are not going to change a thing. I grab a bucket or 2 now and again so I can pan out, maybe he lives in a very remote area and to save money coming back for more often would not be a smart idea.
But the foolish part of this is doing this in place sight of everyone else.
But then again, maybe a drive way is getting paved with gold :D
Maybe everyone should go out to Oallen and set up their Bankers, start there motors in protest, get the press out there, get a BBQ happening and say enough is enough, you live once and maybe you might make a change.
In hindsight, maybe I just don't know.

P.S. I am really a nice bloke that loves the shiney's
PP.S These are my thoughts only but if anyone is up for a protest like this i will be there.
Be safe and Keep it real

The problem is he's not breaking any fossicking/prospecting rules as such. In NSW (& other states have the same or similar laws) you cannot take soil, gravel, sand, bushrock etc. from Crown Lands for any reason. Been that way for a long time.
Crown Lands explained to me that it's not about stopping people from going about lawful prospecting/fossicking but stopping people taking trailer/ute loads of material away.
Where it starts to lap over into fossicking/prospecting laws is around:
- amount of material dug
- leaving areas as found i.e. filling in holes etc.
- method of processing
There's already been areas shutdown to us because of greed & unfilled digs. If it continues there'll be more. Our choice....

I can't say atm...Its only a Draft that was shown to me by xyz. ... But it means that our hobby and a lot more outdoor activities may be limited drastically... All to appease the big boys...:( Hopefully the Draft stays a Draft... But its doing the rounds of Departments for their input...

LW...

Latest posts