SDC Control Box Covers

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't have feet to stop it tipping over.. I am trying to figure out why that is not an issue to you guys?
My mate puts it on the ground and runs the dirt over the coil to spot nuggets, whenever he placed it on the ground it fell over so we made some plastic feet to prevent this. Is there a better technique?

There are two different covers avaiable and discussed on the forum.
DD has no balance support
Black Al's does.
Hope that clears it up.
Cheers

Sure is AtomRat, I squat and place the machine vertical, resting on my shoulder with the skid plate flat on the ground. It took 500 targets to develop the technique, but that is only because I did not have plastic feet or a fancy cover.

Next on my list is a cover with feet.

Cheers guys I just got onto this thread, I'm glad anyone who purchased one of my covers is satisfied/happy. I wish I could bring the price down but there is a lot of work that goes into each cover. To bring the price down would compromise quality which I don't believe in.
Cheers again members for such great feedback and hope to offer more soon!
Best regards Black Al.

G'day trev111, you can send me a pm, or you can just ask me what your inquiring about here!
Regards Alan.

Black Al said:
Cheers guys I just got onto this thread, I'm glad anyone who purchased one of my covers is satisfied/happy. I wish I could bring the price down but there is a lot of work that goes into each cover. To bring the price down would compromise quality which I don't believe in.
Cheers again members for such great feedback and hope to offer more soon!
Best regards Black Al.

I have no complaints on price, worth every cent to protect the SDC. Great cover, very happy with mine.

Hi Heatho glad your happy and think the cover is value. The price has increased to $80, but that's due to the price on some of the materials has increased from my suppliers! It's hard to bring out a quality product a a cheap rate. Just look at what $50 buys at the supermarket these days!

Great cover Black Al. It arrived very fast.
Hope you had a good time in Bathurst on the racing weekend. Sorry I could not be in when you went past :)

Black Al said:
Hi Heatho glad your happy and think the cover is value. The price has increased to $80, but that's due to the price on some of the materials has increased from my suppliers! It's hard to bring out a quality product a a cheap rate. Just look at what $50 buys at the supermarket these days!

Totally agree and still a great price to help protect $4000 worth of electronics mate.

Also they make your detector look really cool too. :cool: :D

Latest posts