Rock wash?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, this is probably a very discussed topic here, however; I am looking for a place to buy rock wash of assorted types, sapphires preferred. I am also sadly looking to get this posted to my address as a bit of an educational tool for myself and some students.

If anyone has some advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers, Rob

Theres a few blokes doing concentrate (so dirt sieved or sluiced down but still looks like dirt) , mostly contains gold , black sand , zircons but can often have saphire chips and other gems.

Theres a magnify glass top left of your screen , just search " concentrate" or " gold cons".

Or find a creek and take the whole fun prospecting journey, every creek will surprise you when you sieve or pan its gravels , just dig down to a hard layer and collect gravel from there.

Thanks for the info, I did not see many threads about concentrate of gold cons. I live on the central coast of NSW, so postage might be a bit much and I don't really live close to anyplace that could yield some interesting finds.
Cheers, Rob

Hunter Valley has some interesting things...
Reason I asked as you can buy bags of Sapphire Wash from a few places at Inverell, Glen Innes and Emmaville... Not that far from you.... Or a few on here travel out there often and may bring back a bag or two for you... Cost is usually $10 per bag... Or would make a great place for a Student camp if you are real serious... I know of a few places that would be happy to have a group out there... Like the Emmaville Geological Centre(facebook)and the Emmaville Mining Museum...

LW....

Hi Fluens

The majority of the east coast.of.Australia has the potential to yield finds of some lapidary interest - it's a great line of ancient volcanics from.Cape York peninsula right the way down. I dont know your area well but Lone Wolf has made.some..suggestions I see.

I'm sitting on the back veranda of my sister-in-laws place.in southwest Brisbane right now and the geology I can see just out the back looks interesting, a.mass of extinct volcano cores. Just need to be able to get access to places, that's the thing.

Welcome Fluens, look up Armfest in Sapphire QLD, they do some good quality bags of wash and you can pretty much guarantee you'll find something, we often bring a few of their bags home and it's proven worth while. Biggest we ever found from their wash was a 55ct Bomb, but exciting all the same.

Billabong Blue used to sell bags or buckets of sapphire wash. Rubyvale Miners Cottage is apparently another. I know nothing about either.

Who are these weirdos posting links to completely unrelated sites. Had the first one pop up on another forum trying to sell pills to fix 'a floppy shaft issue' He got banned from there quick smart. Lucky I didn't get sucked in cos my equinox was getting a bit wobbly at the time!

Dave79 said:
Who are these weirdos posting links to completely unrelated sites. Had the first one pop up on another forum trying to sell pills to fix 'a floppy shaft issue' He got banned from there quick smart. Lucky I didn't get sucked in cos my equinox was getting a bit wobbly at the time!
Yes wierd and should not be tolerated I feel.

Rock wash is the wrong terminology.

Paydirt or Concentrates ~ Sapphire bags ~ sapphire wash?

Pre filtered seeded Lucky dips is all they are.

It be cheaper to log into gemrock online buy a kg of specimen sapphires from burma, buy a bag of dirt and gravel from bunnings and mix em together then sort through again.

It's the same principal just cutting out the middleman.

Yes I agree with Heatho
I live in Inverell and you will find sapphire in their wash. I buy it on occasion if I have visitors & they want the experience of finding sapphires I just set up a washing station at home with sieves and tables. Plus BBQ and beverages.
MB

Yes Inverell is a very nice place to visit. It has a rich history of mining and there are lots of minerals & gems to find

Latest posts