What is the perfect Beer/Fridge Temp Setting.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hard Luck said:
I don't mind a good Porter or Stout at ambient temp in the cooler months.

A few years back I went over to Ireland and I was Drinking Guinness most of the time and it's a nice drop served at the Cellar Temp, They do love a Lock In over there, never left the pub til 3am, I put a few pints away that night, :beer: :) :)

mudgee hunter said:
Hard to beat beer out of the bottom of an esky submerged in slushy ice!
And slip it into a wet stubby holder. :perfect: :beer:
Think you just miss the Aussie heat and beer mate!
Home sick?
Ahhh yes I could go one of them right now
Sitting back in the camp chair
Looking at the river
Talk'n shit
Liv'n the dream ;) :beer: :beer:

Banjo68 said:
mudgee hunter said:
Hard to beat beer out of the bottom of an esky submerged in slushy ice!
And slip it into a wet stubby holder. :perfect: :beer:
Think you just miss the Aussie heat and beer mate!
Home sick?
Ahhh yes I could go one of them right now
Sitting back in the camp chair
Looking at the river
Talk'n shite
Liv'n the dream ;) :beer: :beer:
10 days to go! :beer:

HippyProspecting said:
What's all this refrigeration talking?
I thought people in the UK drank their beer at blood temp

Only the Vampires do that, the folks that drink Ale or Stout etc drink them between 5 and 13*c depending on what they are drinking,

Being a Queenslander I prefer my Beer to be Ass Numbingly Cold, I might be over here but I haven't gone totally feral :p :p :Y: :beer:

Jaros said:
I have the Engel set at 4 deg. low power use and it's not tooooo cold.

Yeah I found that too, Running the fridge at 4*c gave massive battery life, It was using between 8 and 9 Ah per 24 hours, :Y:

Last time I went to the UK, I came to an arrangement with the local publican to put a 6 pack of Heineken in the chiller for when I came in to get a drink at the bar.

Why, bottled beer was ordinarily kept unrefrigerated on the shelf.

A few years before that I was on the London Nottingham intercity train, went to the club car (snacks n drinks) I saw cans of Fosters on a shelf behind the bar in summer time. The only thing that was cold was the ice bucket and there was no refrigeration. I ended up getting 2 plastic cups of ice, pouring the beer over it. The balancing act was to get the beer cold enough to drink before the ice melted watering it down.

However, to answer the original point, most barkeeps in Oz say 2 C is the ideal temp, (I have worked a bar :) ) but sometimes difficult to control depending on the weather.

I have drunk warm beer in Aus. but it is not recommended ... Only for the desperate souls ....

In 1967 I was driving up to Coober Pedy , all dirt road . Parked on the road was 3 semis , they were having a bit of a chat , as you did in those days . They were blocking the road north and south with no way around at that point . I had bought a carton of cans in Port Augusta , so I sat down with them and had a warm beer . I had a gas fridge with me but it was not set up and running . The gas fridge was out of a camper van smaller than the caravan one . You do not see many of those .

condor22 said:
Last time I went to the UK, I came to an arrangement with the local publican to put a 6 pack of Heineken in the chiller for when I came in to get a drink at the bar.

Why, bottled beer was ordinarily kept unrefrigerated on the shelf.

A few years before that I was on the London Nottingham intercity train, went to the club car (snacks n drinks) I saw cans of Fosters on a shelf behind the bar in summer time. The only thing that was cold was the ice bucket and there was no refrigeration. I ended up getting 2 plastic cups of ice, pouring the beer over it. The balancing act was to get the beer cold enough to drink before the ice melted watering it down.

However, to answer the original point, most barkeeps in Oz say 2 C is the ideal temp, (I have worked a bar :) ) but sometimes difficult to control depending on the weather.

I forgot about Heineken, I first came here for 6 months+ back in the 70's and I started dinking Heineken way back then, I can only find Fosters over here and it's only 4.0%, The do sell some Lagers over here that are up to 13%, I have never tried the stuff but I don't think it would take more than a six pack to bail you up, I think I have found a place where I can get VB :inlove: :perfect: :beer:

Ridge Runner said:
Hard Luck said:
I don't mind a good Porter or Stout at ambient temp in the cooler months.

A few years back I went over to Ireland and I was Drinking Guinness most of the time and it's a nice drop served at the Cellar Temp, They do love a Lock In over there, never left the pub til 3am, I put a few pints away that night, :beer: :) :)

Nothing better than a good thick dark beer on a cold winters night at ambient temp.

Latest posts