Boots for Prospecting, Hiking, Detecting information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the ones to go for?
I use Redbacks but the last I got was 2 yrs ago. I used to like Rossi but when I took my probe in to the shop it went off on them! Previously my Rossi were ok. What others has anyone tried that dont have staples or metal that are slip on? Some are ok but dont come in sizes bigger than 12. Being said, that 12 is 12 Chinese size and more like a 10! Like much clothing is now. Try on a Xl, an XXl, an XXXl and all thats bigger is the gut fit. The sleeves are all the same length! They dont seem to take into account that bigger guys have bigger arms and legs and feet. Just that bigger is fatter, which im not. Im just. Um, bigger! :lol:

Decathlon have some great hunting gumboots cheap as.
They are comfortable, waterproof and are good snake protection

I had a pair of steel capped work boots that I had used for a few years . After another 3 years I took them into the bush to use them . I was surprised to find the soles fell off after 2 weeks . Built in degeneration , buy some new ones ....

diggit said:
yellowmellow said:
What are steel blue boots like ive got the parkes black composite pair it has a side zip

Steel blue boots are great boots, comfortable too.
Never heard of those or seen them. Are they no signal with a detctor?

Steel Blue, zip up, composite toe cap.....
Not cheap but long lasting and more importantly comfortable.
1603437288_1db5d7dd-f2c7-41b9-84a2-91e77198571e.jpg

Composite are non metal its intead a carbon fibre reinforced made they are sewen in too and the cap can even be taken out too the way to do it is to sew it back out of the position and put back in too and is more tougher then steel and keeps "its shape" and is a tad lighter. Its also non metal so its airport safe and can go through security with out taking them off as they will not create a signal with the metal detector scanning door and wand too.

They in turn are able to be wore when gold detecting too. They do not react with any detector at all.

The Olivers AT are a good rugged boot. I have had mine for two years and plan to use them for another eight depending on how they like the tropics up here in Cairns! Nothing a generous bit of dubbin wont fix!

Bunnings do a good composite toe boot - no steel in the design. No break in period, just put on some thick socks and go, a bit expensive but love mine! The wife has the same and very happy with hers.

best value i have found is ALDI low cut hiking boot $29.00. :gemstone:
it has 1 metal eyelet at the top of the boot, snip off and your good to go. imo :) :perfect:

I have bunnings gumboots for creeks and they still smell like where roses grow but i prefer them because the snakes are often seen around the water so there must be 57.328x that i don't see.

AT olivers for me everywhere else and for the smell well they are expensive enough not to care.

Thanks for suggestions. I just bought some hard yakka boots from bunnings. $160
Only a small bit of metal on the tip of the zip. Looking forward to trying them out!

1635330002_photocollage_20211027_194907959.jpg