Boiling advice please

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look again, the lower part of the baf has been cut away i think. The bash plate seems to be at stock height position.
Perhaps 3 or 5mm punched plate in front of the ram , over lapping the air ram from bar to the bash plate?
Still get more air flow than the stock bar

Sorry ken , i was seeing it all wrong. I thought the front of the bash plate was hanging down like a scoop, just the camera angle. Mudgee hunters description made me look again.
My bad. Jim :8 :8

I had an earlier model Hi Lux with a Commodore v6 in it and
the cooling trouble I had with that was epic.

There was no room to mount a crank driven fan.

I tried a few electric fans on it with a custom made shroud but,

Would still give trouble.

I was given a Volvo XC 70 plus another one I obtained for spares.

Under the bonnet and spotted the electric fan setup. 18 inch's with
a pwm controller on it.
Hmmm

A few weeks later, Problem solved.

It could cool that quick it would suck the radiator hoses almost shut.

reefer said:
Yeah!...Now improve the cooling on the Turbo with the intercooler so it feeds the engine with cooler air! :lol: :lol: :cool: :Y: hehe...great to hear you've made significant headway mate...Maryborough will never be the same after we hit town mate! :lol: :lol: :lol: :Y: :cool:

Not sure what the laughing emoji's are for, do you understand what an intercooler does?

Keep in mind this engine is normally fitted with one, this one doesn't have it fitted.

To everyone that gave advice thank you all

Took it for a run today with the caravan on
Total distance was 80k
One hill is 5k long and the temp only got as high as 94
All the rest of the trip the temp was between 76 to 82
At the end of the day i am now back on the road and can go find some yella stuff

:party: :beer: :rainbow:

Ocassional_panner. :cool: I was simply repeating what you had said mate...and thought Ken would see the humour in that. ;) Certainly no offense was intended in my doing so mate. :( And the emojies following my statement of M'boro not being the same for our presence...was I believed...also a joke. :8
The third angle on this is that Ken and I have often communicated entirely, :lol: using just imojies :playful: you know...he ends a message with a smiley, I send a thumbs up...he returns with two thumbs...me returns with a cool face etc... ad infinitum,! :lol: :lol: :lol:

7.62marksman said:
CreviceSucker said:
aussiefarmer said:
Good news :Y: best thing is you might catch some fish in river crossings. :playful:

number 2-0 screws to fasten those 2-0 fish hooks on top of the bash plate captain ?
Now that sounds like a plan
Gonna have to look and see what i have :lol: :lol: :lol:

i have had second thoughts about the fish hooks on the bash plate . prolly catch more seagulls than fish :lol:

Now it is finished and even looks nicer

1605066894_img20201111122729.jpg

Latest posts