Looking for a Willoughby

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi team,

I am looking for a Willoughby ~ I am not as handy as others and I dont have time to build one.

I am happy to buy second hand or commission one to be made.

I am in NSW.

Jukey.

Crikey Jukebox. I've googled it and can't find anything that enlightens me. Pray tell, what the heck is a Willoughby? :8

There's a pdf here with measurements etc. & some other ones that members have made themselves:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=10228&p=1
Maybe you could do up a rough sketch of what you want/sizes from there & get a local fabrication shop to knock one up for you. I doubt they would charge too much as it would be a pretty basic build for them.
A lot of fabrication places can make this gear cheaper than you can buy it even used. They're always worth a chat if your not wanting to build something yourself & it's difficult to find.

Thanks guys, that's something new I learned today! It looks like a great idea that could save your shoulders and back from a heap of straining too :Y:

Hi Team,

Thanks for the input - yeh to get anything made in a fabrication shop these days isnt worth it. Aussie labour aint cheap.

Thanks guys

Well that got me interested .... never heard of it before and while it's most likely the domain of gemstone prospectors I have no doubt it could was gravel in areas where water was scarce to pan/sluice off later.
Thanks for that bit of knowledge.
Cheers T.

Try your local gem club juke box ,might be someone there that could knock one up for you, or know some one that has one for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts