Minelab Equinox tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a great idea, 3d printing would look better than spraying it for sure ( and it's all for looks) but I think I will go the spray paint route. Cheap has a certain ring to it ;)

Hi Mineallmine

Another option is food colouring let it soak it in a container with the food Or dye colouring and water for a few days and itll stay like it for years and Bobs ya Aunty all done you can get some great Colours..

Hi all,

I bought an equinox 600 a few weeks ago and have been slowly trying to work it all out. I have taken it out a few time for a swing and I am slowly getting used to it. My question is do I need/should I have ear stiffeners to stop the ears braking off the coil or is this unnecessary.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Clinton

1602110738_doberman.jpg

Is this what you mean?

I've been using mine as a brush cutter for almost 2 years and haven't had any problems with the coil ears, just my shaft getting a bit floppy :awful: but a bit of sikaflex in the joint sorted that out.

Dave79 said:
I've been using mine as a brush cutter for almost 2 years and haven't had any problems with the coil ears, just my shaft getting a bit floppy :awful: but a bit of sikaflex in the joint sorted that out.

Thanks for the helpful information :D

I use ear stiffeners on my Nox as a precaution because I normally find a way of breaking things.

P.S. - Got rid of my floppy shaft some time ago and replaced it with a Detect-Ed one - no more shaftile dysfunction for me!

Clodmaster said:
I use ear stiffeners on my Nox as a precaution because I normally find a way of breaking things.

P.S. - Got rid of my floppy shaft some time ago and replaced it with a Detect-Ed one - no more shaftile dysfunction for me!

Thanks for the information :D

Also the Detect Ed carbon shaft doesn't require the stiffeners due to the wider coil mount, simply re-uses the stock rubber bushes. To be honest the Nox coil ears are pretty thin, especially when compared to those on my Deus. I suspect mainly due to Minelab trying to keep the overall weight of the detector down (every little bit counts).

Goldpick said:
Also the Detect Ed carbon shaft doesn't require the stiffeners due to the wider coil mount, simply re-uses the stock rubber bushes. To be honest the Nox coil ears are pretty thin, especially when compared to those on my Deus. I suspect mainly due to Minelab trying to keep the overall weight of the detector down (every little bit counts).

Yer thanks. I have been contemplating an up grade to the Detect Ed carbon shaft. Might wait and see how long I get out of the stock shaft first.

Twitch909 said:
Could it be Coiltek are now making coils for the Nox lineup?

https://coiltek.com.au/coils/nox/

Think you might be onto something there.

Just rang Miners Den in Bendigo - they know of them, but know nothing about them - haven't heard if and when they'll get them, and don't know what prices might be.

Reckon once they get some, they'll be up on the Miners Den website.

A strange industry.

Latest posts