Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mackka said:
Teemore, you need to cook it mate. Its not steak, Whop its horns off, wipe its arse and put it on the plate, you have to cook it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mackka

You're right Macca, the salad needed a bit more cooking :fire: :fire: :fire: and the venison was overdone .

wow. You people cook some awesome food. I am still cooking but busy with work and taking care of Marg. She bought me a cheapo offset. I gave it a clean, sand and coats of paint. It came up pretty good. First test run on Wednesday and I must say I am impressed. Temp control was brilliant. I need to buy a better offset to have even more control. Did Salmon for lunch and pork ribs for dinner. Poppers as starters and a small brisket because..... why not. It was all divine. Grandson Deano came to visit so we fired up the mini weber and he did some sausages. Good times.
1599814193_sm1.jpg

1599814193_sm2.jpg

1599814219_sm3.jpg

Ramjet said:
wow. You people cook some awesome food. I am still cooking but busy with work and taking care of Marg. She bought me a cheapo offset. I gave it a clean, sand and coats of paint. It came up pretty good. First test run on Wednesday and I must say I am impressed. Temp control was brilliant. I need to buy a better offset to have even more control. Did Salmon for lunch and pork ribs for dinner. Poppers as starters and a small brisket because..... why not. It was all divine. Grandson Deano came to visit so we fired up the mini weber and he did some sausages. Good times.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/214/1599814193_sm1.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/214/1599814193_sm2.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/214/1599814219_sm3.jpg

Ooooo yeah. That's some serious BBQ right there.
:Y: :drooling:

Got a Hibachi for Dads Day and I have seen them used on MC but any of you folks used one, have one? I have looked on web trying to buy a book but no luck. I know it uses charcoal, so is that the same as heat beads?
All help appreciated.
Mackka
PS
That looks the goods RJ.

Mackka said:
Got a Hibachi for Dads Day and I have seen them used on MC but any of you folks used one, have one? I have looked on web trying to buy a book but no luck. I know it uses charcoal, so is that the same as heat beads?
All help appreciated.
Mackka
PS
That looks the goods RJ.

Hey Mackka

Hibachi grills work really well. You can use beads or charcoal, but I reckon charcoal tastes better. The main thing to remember is to not use them inside. There have been a number of deaths from CO2 poisoning among people who did so.

Thanks Doc I knew you would come through with the knowledge. I knew it was outside, although Masterchef used it inside, but 30 foot ceilings. I was mainly concerned that heat beads were saturated with a propellant and thus transfer that to the meat.
Thanks again
Stay Safe
Mackka
PS
You are very lucky to have that butcher.

Mackka said:
All help appreciated.
Mackka
PS
That looks the goods RJ.

Heat beads are charcoal. Well manufactured charcoal. Like chip board. It's real wood but maybe small scraps compressed together. Buy a good brand and the same every time so you can be consistent. Don't buy "easy light" varieties. They have kerosene or other nasties which can taint the food. Lump charcoal is readily available. Even woollies has it. I have no experience but apparently it burns hotter and longer than heat beads. I am going to try some in the offset. As Doc said it burns cleaner.

Had a day off and a great day at Oallen with Bazza.we met a number of other members' which was great. The big flood had moved a lot of gravel and sand and a lot of it had been deposited down stream of the bridge and it was almost unrecognisable in places. One of the guys was working very hard, but Bazza and I had an easy day and a good chat. I had a Reshes at morning tea time too.

Got home and decided to cook Chinese. Fried rice, beef and black bean and combination bean curd hot pot.

All in all a great day.

1600075990_fb_img_1600075485852.jpg

1600076043_fb_img_1600075469571.jpg

1600076078_fb_img_1600075459869.jpg

1600076107_fb_img_1600075453376.jpg

Latest posts