SDC2300 And Coiltek 14 x 9 Finds Thread (First Day First Gold)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coiltek said:
Hi Bush.
Just need to clear up your comments regarding manufacturing in China..."Possibly manufactured in China may have been where a fault lies."

All of the Coiltek Product is built in our factory in Salisbury South, South Australia and always has been.

Coils are working very well - yes there were teething problems but have all been rectified and dealt with.

Trevor @ Coiltek.

Excellent mate ~ That is Really Good News.~
Certainly Clears up comments made and some wicked wondering thoughts.

Nice to hear their Made in Australia as we need more production over here.
`i` will most likely be adding your product into my cart.
Best Regards.
Bush.

Bush said:
Maybe Grubstake could shed some light on the subject he seem`s tobe on the know with whom & what.
Hey Grubstake are you reading.
Does Auman ( Mick ) run a Detecting type business ?
He really was helpful in my Coil reconstruction. I`m Very grateful for his inputs just thought he should know.
`i` thought he could have been Woody on P/A under another Alias naughty boy if that is the case.
Maybe you could fill in the Missing Links for me mate.

Also does P/A have a search bar it would really be handy in referencing & locating missed placed subjects that have ended up in the wrong category.

AuMan = https://www.detectronicsaustralia.com/

Search bar = Click on the magnifying glass icon at top left of every forum page.

:perfect:

Good one Grubstake,
Not shore why i`ve never noticed that search glass before.
Misplaced reading glasses my excuse.
It Actually works better than i ever thought it could.
Cheers. :beer:

Hi folks.

I use the 10x5 on the sdc. Pretty much lives on it. Pulled about 30 small bits with it in the past week. Its a lovely coil to use compared to the standard 8 coil. I like the fact that it is only a 5 minute job to change back to the normal configuration when needed for work around small creeks or wet areas. Wouldnt be without it.

Cheers

Les

Hi Lesgold & SDC The new coiltec coil users.
Could any of you do some tests to compare coils.
Cut some Alfoil Aldis Multix 0.002 mm gauge is what i`ve just used.
Maximum settings - Maximum depth.
100 x 100 mm
50 x 50
25 x25
20 x20
10 x 10.
5x5
Modest readings without headphones flat presentation.
Air tested on a bench.
I marked a thin wooden rod with 1 inch increments down to 26``
Held it with one hand sweep foil with the other..
If any of you can find the time.
This could be interesting. :)

No Takers on test results ?
Come On Swingers it wasn`t a BIG ASK.

The Bottom Line the way i see it.
Your lucky to have any coil that will run stable on an SDC2300.
If you were seeking a coil to match Minelabs 8``Original then buy Minelabs replacement.
I do not know whether The Coiltec Coils out does Minelabs on depth / small or large.
If you were seeking more sensitivity on smaller stuff then panning maybe a better option.
Buddhist say with holding information is like telling lies.
At least Bacchus put some cards on the table for our interest.

Bacchus said:
.......................Standard coil..............Gold Extreme 14x9

.06 @ 2 inches. Clear response.............No response

.20 @ 4 inches. Clear response. ............No response

.90 @ 7 inches. Fair response. ..............Clear response

3g @ 10 inches. Only Just repeatable......Clear response

5g @ 13 inches. Clear response. ...........Clear response.

Cheers

Bush said:
Hey Leaf.
No else one came to the Party mate.
If i had to put money on it Nugget Finder are possibly working on it.
Word had it that Coiltek whom was designing these Coils approached Minelab for the Coil Specs but Minelab would not supply him / them with the details.
Pretty sad too if Coiltek has disappointed some buyers they certainly would have had it worked out one would think prior Mass Production.
Possibly manufactured in China may have been where a fault lies.
Most things i`ve bought from China have malfunctioned or been in need of rectification but again i don`t really know this coil story.

It` is possible that the coils are working so well it`s now become a trade secrete.
Would Coiltek continue to retail a faulty product if that is the case seriously really Consumer Affairs & All that.

Funny to ; Question is why hasn`t Minelab released any larger coils to suit the sdc2300. ? .
Possibly the high speed pulses of the TX and RX signals is too quick on larger coils & interference occurs falsifying out the unit.
My imagination & i`m talking out my ass here.

Maybe Grubstake could shed some light on the subject he seem`s tobe on the know with whom & what.
Hey Grubstake are you reading.
Does Auman ( Mick ) run a Detecting type business ?
He really was helpful in my Coil reconstruction. I`m Very grateful for his inputs just thought he should know.
`i` thought he could have been Woody on P/A under another Alias naughty boy if that is the case.
Maybe you could fill in the Missing Links for me mate.

Also does P/A have a search bar it would really be handy in referencing & locating missed placed subjects that have ended up in the wrong category.
Enjoy the Day Folks. : :beer:

you are correct. Was talking to Rohan from NF recently, he confirmed they've a 2300 mono coil in the works

Good One BigL,
Thanks for the update.
Seriously thinking about it / from observations on coils.
`i` Don`t think there could be much improvement on Minelab designed 8``coils for these units.
Hopefully though Nugget Finder may refine an alternative option at least an option.
i`m not shore but rumor had it that the ML original coil was designed by Nugget Finder but don`t bite my head off if `i` heard that wrong.
I`m still working / mucking around with the 8`` coils that Auman sent me the F1A8 or F1A4 which ever that is.
He was right they settle down very quickly & from my observation `i` cannot see any difference in depth or micro grams :) compared to the original.
In my opinion which accounts for J.S. they settle down quicker than the original coil on this unit anyhow.
cheers. :beer: