Gloves for detecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dignit said:
I wear gloves more so to prevent getting sun burn on the part of my hand facing up when holding the detector. I burn easily.
The key for me are comfortable gloves with good flexibility.
I cut the ends of the glove fingers off so that I can still pick up small bits of gold with my finger tips.
I went to Bunnings and tried various gloves to see what worked for me. Some gloves can be very expensive which I refuse to pay. My first pair was from the tool shop and were a soft leather pair.
They lasted years until I lost one of them. The second pair are synthetic gardening gloves.
Cheers

Gloves are worth every cent providing they're suited for the purpose. As for detecting it shouldn't be such a difficult decision imo, keep it simple and don't buy anything other than your tried and trusted leather (quality, not shit) gardening gloves. I wear gloves often due to my work environment and wouldn't bother with all the sales hype bull :poop: about dexterity and nonsense material claims.

The good old leather gloves will suffice for detecting and last years, there cheap all you need to do is cut the thumb and fingers down to your middle joints. Don't buy anything other than leather imo if you're a glove wearer, I'm not I wear them often enough whilst working. Leather sweats just like EVERY glove however the beauty of leather is it does breathe hence allowing it to dry and maintain dexterity. If you want the best leather all purpose glove buy none other than Riggers Gloves :Y: make sure there the riggydidge and not a rip off copy, which you might find a challenge.

Predominantly the gloves I wear today are fit for purpose for the chemical I deal with. I'd put up a link otherwise. Many moons ago I had riggers gloves that had been so saturated in sweat they formed the shape of my hand and were useless to other's.

Latest posts