My Gold monster 1000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day thinking of getting back into metal detecting, can't afford $2500 for a 15 year old pulse induction machine.... so i'm looking at possible getting the gold monster 1000.

what are your thoughts and opinions on this machine for not only gold but also as an all rounder?

10 months ago when you joined this forum you told us you were new to detecting?
Since then you've told us that you have owned a Xterra 305, Go Find 22, SD2100, SD2200D, GP Extreme, GP3000 & GPX4000 + had experience with Nox800 & GPX4500. Have I missed any?
In that short frame of time (+ your stated infrequent trips) you wouldn't have spent enough time on any one of those PI machines to fully master it &/or gold detecting IMO.

Not long ago you were using the GP3000 & had also purchased a GPX4000 + had a deposit on the SDC2300. What happened to them? All of these would be better overall options for gold prospecting in WA!
The Gold Monster is more of a niche type detector suited for milder areas & has good small gold sensitivity. It's not really a good allround type VLF detector.

If you want an allround VLF machine to cover coin/relic + some prospecting then something like the Nox800 would be a better option over the Gold Monster IMO. If you've had previous experience using one it should be a no brainer at a similar price point.

mbasko said:
Since then you've told us that you have owned a Xterra 305, Go Find 22, SD2100, SD2200D, GP Extreme, GP3000 & GPX4000 + had experience with Nox800 & GPX4500. Have I missed any?
In that short frame of time (+ your stated infrequent trips) you wouldn't have spent enough time on any one of those PI machines to fully master it &/or gold detecting IMO.

Not long ago you were using the GP3000 & had also purchased a GPX4000 + had a deposit on the SDC2300. What happened to them? All of these would be better overall options for gold prospecting in WA!
The Gold Monster is more of a niche type detector suited for milder areas & has good small gold sensitivity. It's not really a good allround type VLF detector.

If you want an allround VLF machine to cover coin/relic + some prospecting then something like the Nox800 would be a better option over the Gold Monster IMO. If you've had previous experience using one it should be a no brainer at a similar price point.

I ended up cancelling the deposit on the SDC2300 and took a break from prospecting.

I also ended up buying the gold monster 1000 and found my very first bits with it! :D What an awesome little machine!

The Youtube videos really helped me out heaps.

I can see where everyone was going wrong on the videos when they were bad mouthing this machine. It's very simple to use cheap and i'm pretty excited for my next adventure out bush with it.

Alienslayer said:
I also ended up buying the gold monster 1000 and found my very first bits with it! :D What an awesome little machine!

...... Well done on getting some bits with the GM, thought the ground over in the West would be a little to mineralised for the GM.
Could never get the hang of it myself.
Cheers T.

Teemore said:
Alienslayer said:

...... Well done on getting some bits with the GM, thought the ground over in the West would be a little to mineralised for the GM.
Cheers T.

Yeh apparently the trick is to ground balance it over multiple areas and not just the one spot and it goes quiet as

also i used deep all metal mode and i somewhat prefer manual over auto1 auto 2 is unstable as!!

auto1 misses a few smaller bits but manual mode i was able to just tone it up and down to get it stable.

Alienslayer said:
Teemore said:
Alienslayer said:

Cheers T.

Yeh apparently the trick is to ground balance it over multiple areas and not just the one spot and it goes quiet as
also i used deep all metal mode and i somewhat prefer manual over auto1 auto 2 is unstable as!!
auto1 misses a few smaller bits but manual mode i was able to just tone it up and down to get it stable.
you're onto it AlienS.
Have a search of the threads & I think you will find a few people (incl myself) have mentioned these facts previously.
well done & congrats on your 1st :goldnugget: :perfect:
keep at it, you will find tho' you will soon be pining for a PI (again?)

DED

Costume for my monster.
1603989740_0-02-0a-55c620e7c344a29c9c4f041f7257fb6f869e6612f833c7e6ce1f2b4c62cc6095_e5850950.jpg

mbasko said:

Yep and in another post, detecting on and off all his life. When you tell porkies you have to have a good memory..

It now begs the question...has he really slayed any aliens?

madtuna said:
mbasko said:

Yep and in another post, detecting on and off all his life. When you tell porkies you have to have a good memory..

It now begs the question...has he really slayed any aliens?

Haven't seen any lately so he must be doing a good job. :Y:

Cheers

Doug

Latest posts