Specimen gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Evening all.

Selling some pieces for a friend. Found over the last 6 months from the one location in N.E. Vic. They have been SG'd by me and both total weight and SG weight are provided. Photos taken yesterday and more photos can be provided if need be. Friend is not great on the computer.

The 3 pieces have spent 3-4 hours in Alibrite which have only slightly cleaned them up.

Asking $4,600. Australia Post included in price - insured and registered with signature required on pick up. (Sorry, I did edit the price if anyone noticed - misread my own writing!)

Direct debit only (or cash if you are willing to pick up from either Wangaratta or Myrtleford). Friend does not need to sell these and therefore price is essentially not negotiable.

Piece 1. Found just a few weeks ago. Dry weight 24.81 grams. SG gold content = 17.9 grams.

1599993854_piece_1.jpg

Piece 2. Dry weight 9.60 grams. SG gold content = 6.4 grams.

1600078864_piece_2.jpg

Piece 3. Dry weight 26.78 grams. SG gold content = 13.6 grams.

1600079369_piece_3.jpg

Total specimen weight = 61.19 grams. Total SG gold weight = 37.9 grams.

To estimate the SG, method 1 on this website was used. http://www.desert-gold-diggers.org/gold/specgrav.htm

Any questions? Happy for you to post questions on here so that everyone can see the answer and not have to repeat questions multiple times. Or please PM if wanting to remain anon.

Cheers, N.E.

Nice pieces Northeast and sure a collector would cherish them. Just not sure if a $40+ premium on gold price is the going rate.
Hate to mention them but eBay seem to attract some serious bidding at times, may be worth trying one there to see what interest it gets.
Good luck with the sale.
Cheers T.

Realistic enough to understand that they are out of most peoples price range RM :Y:

But, old mate doesnt need to sell them and unless he gets a premium hell just hold onto them. He ummd and ahhd enough just about putting them up for sale.

Give it a week and see what flies ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts