SDC2300 Coil Choices?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do a search on Coiltek Extreme on Youtube, they made a series of videos including Rick Fisher on the sizes and use. Straightforward overview but should help you chose if you wish to change from stock coil.

14x9 Coiltek is great have found plenty with it also much better ground coverage in saying that stock coil is great also cheers Muk.

If you want to change things a bit nothing wrong with the after market coils they are still very sensitive and find small bits give you some extra coverage the stock coil doesnt and if you only use the sdc why not have some other options just like the gpxs since I got my 14x9 I havent really taken it off except for trying the other coilteks I find the 10x5to sensitive in the ground I detect and the 11inch round is very good but not as much coverage Ive been using the sdc for a number of years and it is my go to machine with the 14x9on it most times but I can change that any time I like cheers Muk.

So the bottom line is to stick to the stock standard coil that came and was made with the sdc am i correct

Hate to confuse you mate but I am using the 14x9 ( if Dan ever lets me out again) and have found small gold with it. While I would have found it with the stock coil, you get much more ground cover with the bigger coil and one day I hope to dig a slightly deeper hole and find my first gram size piece.
While I have been locked up made myself a new hipstick and cant wait to try it out on the goldfields, come on Dan give me a break.

Cant hurt to have both coils if you can afford to.

Cheers
Bob

The 2300 developed a name because it was picking up gold the GPX and other detectors missed, my thoughts are going a larger 2300 coil you to some extent sacrifice this advantage. If it were me, I'd save the money and put it towards a 2nd detector like a GPX

Latest posts